A Letter from my cousin in Prison

by - April 21, 2004

I've never met this cousin of mine that's in prison. He is my uncles son from a previous relationship. I was very surprise to receive a letter from him and I tried to figure out who he was and how did he get my address. Thats when I talked to my mom on the phone and asked her about him. She told me his back story and how she met him and why she gave him my address. He doesn't know his father side of the family and my mom thought it would be nice for her children to get to know him. She also told me that I met him before. I was like when did I met some cousin I don't know. My mom laughed and said that we meet when he first found his biological father which is my mom's older brother and wanted to meet family. Mom told me that my brother and I just got home from school and we went to the gas station to meet with our cousin. And it hit me, I remembered meeting him now. So long story short, we did meet and now life turn for the worst for him and my mom wants us to show some support because its not easy to be in prison. Oh a quick funny story I have to share about when I received this letter from my cousin. Mika noticed I received a mysterious letter and he wasn't very happy about that. But I comforted him and told him that it was from a long lost cousin. But just seeing his facial expression at that moment was funny. He thought I having a love affair with a pen pal or something. heheheh too funny. I did wrote back and it was nice hearing his story and being a good cousin in showing support from the outside. It's also sad that he doesn't have any of his close  family write to him. How lonely he is in prison and its mundane thing of living worried about your life and learning from past mistakes. I can tell that he really wants to do good and feel important in someones life. The biggest message I got from reading his letter was that he really wants me to write back and he is lonely. Poor thing! I pray that the Lord will watch over him and bring him peace. 
God bless and best of luck to you cousin! 

You May Also Like

0 Comments