Going back Home to Hawaii!!

by - March 10, 2006

Going back to Hawaii has been a dream thought for me since i've left in 2002. Never thought that I would come back but not only come back home by myself but with another person who is my husband. None of my family was there when I got married to Mika. So the thought of bringing my husband home is like a big death trap for me. Well not in a dramatic way but in a way that some family members aren't too happy about my decision. It's ok for me because I knew this day would come and I have to face the fact that my family needs to know who their daughter married and is this guy treating their daughter good? So many thoughts came to my head throughout the year leading to this day. I hurt many people in this process and I'm not sure what to do or how am I going to handle it when I have to face it. But to be honest with you, I'm ok if my family don't accept me or my husband. I'm ok with the fact that I probably won't have any communication with them in a long time. I made my choice and have to live with it until other wise. But the funny thing is I was overly thinking everything. Yes over thought the worst. When I came home, it was rough and rocky. There was drama and I just felt the need to stay with someone else so i did, with my sister in law Moana. Hanging out with her and her family in Laie was a nice break from my family. She understood what I was going through because she went through it with her own parents. So after staying with her for a few days, Mika finally arrived in Hawaii and we both stay at the Laie hotel until we leave back to Utah the next week. We both didn't want to leave hawaii knowing that the family didn't meet Mika, so we meet up with my Mom at Canon Activity Center at BYU-Hawaii campus. When my husband and i saw my mom, she totally ignored me and went straight to my husband and hugged him as if he was her son and I was the stranger daughter in law. I was like whaaaa?!? My sisters was laughing when that happened. But I didn't care afterwards. My husband on the other hand wasn't sure if my mom was going to kill him or not. Well lets just say that my mom held him so tight and show him off like he was a golden medal or trophy. It was kid of funny because at times he would look back at me and my sisters like please help me!?! Since that moment everything was fine. We all had a wonderful time especially everyone getting to know Mika. My mom always wanted another son, and so her dreams came true. This trip was nice because we came down for my twin brothers homecoming from his 2 year mission in Honduras. So besides that it was nice being home with family and my husband.

You May Also Like

0 Comments