Seeing Thomas S. Monson

by - January 14, 2007

This week has been a uplifting one by far. Getting back into spiritual things in our lives hasn't been easy but its slowly making progress. Visiting our new ward, talking with the Bishop has gotten me more enthusiastic about my spiritual well being. Honestly its been a long time since I've really dive into church and all. And I know things happens that distracts you from following what right. I've learn through my trails the importance of having religion surround you with hope, love and faith. Today is a stepping stone for me and for Mika spiritually. Making the change isn't always easy but with pure intent and freewill, anything is possible. We went to church today and felt the spirit in the 13th Ward here in Salt Lake. We enjoyed the talks, lessons in class and meeting the members. We were lucky enough to attend our stake center rededication. To our surprise one of the main speaker was 1st counselor Thomas S. Monson This is the top spiritual encounter of all the experiences I've witness in my life. For example, on my 21st birthday I meet Dallin H. Oaks at the Garden restaurant in the Joseph Smith Building. I met him before in Hawaii at my home ward chapel (Kahuku 1st Ward). He stopped by our ward after visiting another ward in Laie. Years later in 2003, I met 2nd counselor James E. Faust in Virginia for our stake conference. It's amazing for me to see apostles of the Lord in my life time. Now seeing Thomas S. Monson tonight was amazing inglorious. I hope that one day I could see the Prophet of the Lord and shake his hand. Now that would be awesome. The rededication was spiritual and uplifting. You can feel the spirit surround us with love as we hear the wonderful prayer given by President Monson. This will forever be a memory I will cherish!

You May Also Like

0 Comments