A 15 Year Friendship

by - December 23, 2015


I've known my husband for 15 years and it still puts a smile on my face. Mika has his charms that would make any girl feel giddy and pretty. I've met him in high school but not really met in the physical way of meeting someone. I saw him and his brothers hanging out at Hukilau Beach in Hawaii, which is where I'm from. And that was it! I didn't have any interaction with him after that. I know that may seem weird but that's partially what happen for our so called first meet. A few days after that, I saw my husband and his siblings at my high school Fall Concert. I still did not met him, just saw his sisters in the girls room and I did my own thing with my friends. During the concert one of my dear girl friend introduce her cousins, who were visiting from California and they are performers themselves, to sing for our school and thats when I the saw the same guys from the beach on stage singing. I thought that was cool and did not pay no mind to it. They sang a few numbers and than I went up to sing with my high school choir and had a jolly good time. After the concert, I was in charged to collect props we used during the concert from all the choir members. It was a bit hard since everyone wanted to meet with the new people and make new friends. I didn't care to mingled cause I had to head back home for something important. So when I came to my girl friend who was talking with her cousins (which is my husbands siblings) I told her that I'm collecting props and I needed to get the last one she was wearing. That's where I met a few of my husbands brother and sisters. I said hi to them and I talked to his younger brother who I remember at the beach. We exchange small talk and I left. That's my side of the story. lol But a few weeks later, my friend told me that her cousin wanted to write to me if that was ok. I didn't mind cause I like making new friends. So she gave me a letter and thats where things started for my husband and I. We were pen pals for awhile, than became good friends and soon we started to date. Yes, we dated even though it was a long distance relationship. It was hard at first, but we managed. Talking on the house phone for hours using calling cards, writing letters every other week, sending packages was just a few things we managed to do for the first year. Our friendship started small and grew from there. After 4 years of ups and downs together, we made it official and got married. Now it's been 15 years of knowing each other and I would say it has been good. Marriage is not perfect, but a strong friendship could make everything a bit better. I'm happy to have my husband in my life. I appreciate everything he has done for me. I hope we will continue to learn and grow together. He is my rock, my heart and my love. Thanks for being YOU! Love you babes!

<3 Jay

You May Also Like

0 Comments