A birthday scare...

by - September 22, 2020


 


I want to write this simple yet heartfelt message on this special day to a special person, my husband, Mika. He has been my friend for almost 21 years and I couldn't ask for anyone else. We have been through many ups and downs, but that's part of being in a relationship. It has made us stronger and a bit wiser because of it. Since we've been married I have witness Mika go through the toughest trails that even I wouldn't even wish it on my worst enemies. Almost losing him 10 years ago had me on high alert all the time but I had to gain more faith in my Savior Jesus Christ. I will always give thanks to the Lord for all my blessings, especially having my husband alive and well. Today is his 37th birthday and I couldn't be happier and grateful to have him with me. But it could have been different. Just 3 days ago, Mika and I with a few family members were enjoying a night out playing Pickleball. During one of Mika's back to back match, a sudden life-changing moment struck and it felt like my world stopped. Mika's defibrillator went off and shocked his heart back to normal. When that happened, he grabbed his chest and look like he was going to collapse. I honestly thought I was going to lose my husband that night. I'm grateful to my Heavenly Father for protecting Mika and blessing him to live another day. If Mika did not have that defibrillator I wouldn't be celebrating his birthday but putting together his funeral. To my family and friends, Count your blessing and be grateful to be alive and well. Every day is not guaranteed but with faith in God, anything is possible. Live each day with joy, gratitude, happiness, and thanksgiving. Do your best to remove the negative and unnecessary drama out of your life. You will have peace in your life. Trust me I know first hand. And to my Husband Mika, I love you with all my heart. I'm thankful that we were Sealed for time and all eternity in the Holy Temple 12 years ago. Everything that you do for us I greatly appreciate and thankful for. Stay strong, stay humble, and most of all stay close to God in all things. Happy Birthday, Sweetheart!
❤️ your wife,
Jaylynn

You May Also Like

0 Comments