Spiritual Thought from the Temple: D&C 132: 49 - 50 & ministering to Sister Lay

by - May 31, 2024



 I've been wanting to write down a few experiences I would have in the temple, but I tend to forget. So from here on out, I will try and document scriptures, hymns and any spiritual thoughts and experience when they happen. As of today, I did had a moment when I read the scriptures and this is where I was lead to. Doctrine and Covenants section 132:49-50. And this is what it said:

49 For I am the Lord thy God, and will be with thee even unto the end of the world, and through all eternity; for verily I seal upon you your exaltation, and prepare a throne for you in the kingdom of my Father, with Abraham your father.

50 Behold, I have seen your sacrifices, and will forgive all your sins; I have seen your sacrifices in obedience to that which I have told you. Go, therefore, and I make a way for your escape, as I accepted the offering of Abraham of his son Isaac.

A Powerful scripture for myself to reflect on today and for the week. Thank you Lord for blessing me with the gospel to help me realize your sacrifice and love for me. That I can receive exaltation in the life to come through my faithfulness.

Another experience happen to me today. I ministered unto a patron, Sister Lay. I felt the prompting to give her a hug after she was in the Initiatory booth with me. After I gave her a hug, she told me that she was having a really bad week. And that she was a writer going through some rough patches with work, that when she entered into the booth and saw my name. Right there and then she knew she needed to be where she was. Her writing/business partner's name was Jaelynn and that she told me her story and how she was trying to know what the Lord needed her to do or if a business deal was right for her and her partner. I shared with her that everything will be alright and that she needed to be patient just for a little while. Sister Lay told me that she was very happy that she came to do initiatories today and that I was there to lift her spirits up. What a beautiful day in the Lord's house.

You May Also Like

0 Comments