Elder Maikeli C Wolfgramm email: Mālō e leleí si'i famili, kaunga ngaue moe friends
Mālō e leleí si'i famili, kaunga ngaue moe friends,
It's been about a month or so since I last wrote an email, so here's an update on my work here in Tonga.
I am still in the same area Okoa/Utui Vava'u with my companion, Elder Hansen. I am blessed and grateful to say I am in good health. Because I only have about 3 months left Ive been trying to get back into good shape so I dont go into off season trainnig at square 1 when I get back home. Another blessing of serving here is that our neighbors have a lot of dumbells and stuff so thats been nice. The work here is definitely slower than other areas I've been in, but I love it here. Both the people in Utui and Okoa are so good. My companion and I have gotten pretty close with some families here, even non-members. One key to missionary work here in Tonga is working with the members, especially because most people who live in the same village are usually closely related. So, in every area , I usually try and build good relationships with members because they always bring us people to teach.
Because I've had more time on my hands, I've been able to ponder and study more from the scriptures. It's crazy because if you knew me back home, I never read from the scriptures. It was hard for me to understand and felt like it was something boring. It is a blessing and miracle how I've learned to love reading the scriptures.2 Nephi 4:15. It is a way I've felt the Lord speaking to me and an answer to my prayers, especially from the Book of Mormon. I also feel peace of mind and his love in my daily studying. I know that through studying the scriptures, there are so many ways the Lord can bless each of our lives. One of the great blessings of serving is having lots of time to study them every day.
We had our zone conference here in Vava'u last Tuesday, and this was special because it was our first with our new mission president, President Langi. It ended up being a beautiful meeting. One of my favorite zone conferences I've had so far. Although I've only met him once, I and so many other missionaries here felt so much love from him and his wife. The future is very bright for the Tonga Nuku'alofa mission. President Langi is not just a teacher but one that leads by example. I wish I had him longer, but I look forward to these last 3 months that I have here. After our meeting, he had an interview with every missionary, and this was nice because this is something my last mission president never did. I ended up having a great interview with him, and afterward, he gave me a blessing. I felt the spirit so strong in that interview and blessing. That was definitely needed. At the end of our zone conference, our mission president taught us all to be one in Christ. D&C 38:27.
2 Nephi 25: 26 And we talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ, we prophesy of Christ, and we write according to our prophecies, that our children may know to what source they may look for a remission of their sins.
Despite all the hardships I love this work and know it is the greatest work taking place here on earth. It is truly the Lords work. I am grateful for this opportunity to be a full-time representative of the Savior here in Okoa/ Utui Vava'u. I love and miss you all. Pray you guys have a great week.







0 Comments