Elder Maikeli C Wolfgramm email: 65 days left‼️

by - August 10, 2025

 Yoo, family and friends. I hope you are all doing well from wherever it is that you are. I thought I'd write a short update to my life and how work is here in Tonga. 

It's crazy how fast time has gone, and I only have a little more than 2 months out here. With that said, I am trying to make the most of every day and hour that I have left here. 

I am still in the same area, Makave Vava'u, and we cover the two villages Okoa and Utui. Also, still with the same companion, Elder Hansen. I've been here for two months now, and my comp has been here for 4. We have our transfers coming up this week, and I believe that at least my comp will get transferred. But we will see what happens. I really do love this area, so I would not mind if I stayed here. Although it is a lot of walking because it is a huge area. The walk is very pretty and it's good exercise. We are blessed to have great members who feed and take care of us every day. 

Lately, I have been trying and praying harder to draw closer to the Savior in my thoughts and actions as he invites us to do so. D&C 88:63. As I have done so, I have felt much happier and felt his love much greater. I know that is all something we can have and feel if we choose to draw closer to him in our lives.

This past week, we had a good council meeting together as a district, and it was held in the village Toula here on the island, Vava'u. Near the chapel is an infamous look-out spot called "Ana veimumuni." The lookout is very pretty, but what it is known for is the cave and fresh water pool. Out of all the pretty spots and islands I've been to, I don't think I have seen anything that cool. The cave reminded me of pirates of the Caribbean or the movie Goonies haha. Let's just say that I may or may not have gone inside the water in that cave. That'll have to be a story for another time, haha. Another thing cool about that cave is that there are a lot of stories about it. Because it is fresh water, it is a place where they used to get drinking water back in the day!! I guess some people today still drink from that water!! 

This past week, I did a companion exchange for a day in the Village Talihau with Elder Lui. Elder Lui is from Tonga, so I was glad to be able to learn some new stuff with my Tongan language. In the Tongan language, there are like 3 different classes. 

1. Regular people

 2. Chief

3 King

I am grateful cause Elder Lui is very smart and was able to help me a lot with words and phrases I am not used to hearing or using. If you are able to speak the chief or kings language here in Tonga, you will gain much more respect when you speak to others. Especially the elderly. 

I love the village Talihau because it has one of the prettiest beaches here on the island, Vava'u. Bright blue water and a pretty view of other islands in the back. Also the people in that village are very cool. Another thing that I took and learned from E. Lui is that he was originally assigned to a different mission in PNG but has been serving here in Tonga for over a year now. If that was me, I would probably be complaining or upset that I had not gone to the place I was called to serve. Well, I originally met E. Lui a year ago back in his first area in the island, Ha'apai. We were in the same district together, and from then till now, I have not seen him complain or work differently. He showed and reminded me that it does not matter where the place or location that you serve. The work that we do here is the same everywhere in the world because it is the Lords work, and the place you are is where he needs you to be.

Yesterday was a great spiritual sabbath day. I felt the spirit strongly as I took the sacrament in remembrance of the Savior and his atonement. Every other Sunday, we get to teach the young men in their Priesthood quorum, and that has been something that I cherish because I remember growing up and being just like them. We have been trying to strengthen their young priesthood holders, and I have seen a big difference from when we first got there. I have seen so many blessings and miracles in this great work and I can't wait to share with you all. Despite all the hardships, I love this work. My life has changed because of who I get to represent every day. The Savior and Redeemer of the world. I know he loves each and every one of us, no matter what we are going through. I hope you have a great week. Prayers to you all. 

Ofa lahi atu 

-Elder Wolfgramm 












You May Also Like

0 Comments