Hurricane Isabel on its way to Virginia!

by - September 18, 2003

This is the day when a major hurricane called Isabel came to the coast of North Carolina all the way to Virginia. All the other coast has been evacuated and have been effected by the walls of the hurricane. I'm not scared at all by this devastated weather. Just hoping and praying that nothing goes wrong here at the house. By doing my church work and preparing for the worst, I know that I'll be protected by my beloved Father in Heaven and my Savior, brother and friend, Jesus Christ. With faith and true testimony I know that the Lord will protect me and help me be strong for myself and those around me. This has been difficult to take but this is for the best. But before everything went out, we were all making last minute preparations for any mishaps. Also we had to make sure there is enough supplies for everyone for at least 3-5 days. I got up at 8:10am hearing all the commotion from everyone making food and cleaning up. So I got up and cleaned up my mess, got ready, freshened up and got all my stuff prepared for the hurricane. Everything was boarded up and ready. I was ready to be hit by the storm. I'd made sure I called Mika and my Mom before all communications be lost. I made sure that I ate breakfast which was scrambles eggs and sausage. After that I began to prepare my Sunday school lesson just to let time pass. Now I'm just relaxing as the storm begins to make her pathway her to Virginia. The winds are between 45-60 mph as the news reporter announced it just a few moments ago. I'm glad to have the true gospel in my life. As I pray for protection by myself, I realized that the faith of Mika, my Mom and family back in Hawaii, will keep me strong and protected with the help of the Holy Spirit. As we put our trust in the Lord we can over come obstacles, be protected and guided throughout our lives. Well the winds are picking up right now and I'm going to focus on other things to keep myself busy throughout this storm. I'll fill you in with more scoops later on my boring adventures here in Virginia Beach, VA during hurricane Isabel threat. I love you!

-Jay E

* Power went out around 12am and it last until 12pm the next day.
*Strong wind & rain hit sometime between 8am-10am
*Major effects hit around 3pm-4pm

** I reread my patriarchal blessing to Dad. I hoped he enjoy that as much as I did. May it guide him back to the Lord!

You May Also Like

0 Comments