Letter #5 from Dad in Iraq

by - June 06, 2005

Time is getting closer that my Dad will be returning home to Hawaii from Iraq. That will be a wonderful day, because we all worry about him every day that he is out there. He noticed that I moved and he was happy for Mika and I that we started a new leaf in our marriage, being grown ups and living on our own. Its a good feeling. Dad also expressed how much hes happy to have me as a daughter, happy that I'm doing my best to live a good life and making better choices for my future. He talked about the gospel and the importance of staying close to the Lord, having faith in him, praying and reading the scriptures daily. Pay tithes, going to church being worthy to go to the Temple, will bless my life more than I know. He really wants our family to enjoy the blessings of the Temple and be sealed together for eternity. I pray for that day to come soon. My earthly parents as my Eternal parents would be amazing. Continuing reading his letter Dad shared with me how it would be nice to visit Utah during General Conference. Oh boy that would be cool. I could show them around my new  hood and find cool adventures together. I know Dad would love to check out the nature adventures.
After all that he shared with me that things are getting interesting and complex in Iraq. Training the Iraq soldiers so that they can help their country. Plus there are so much crazy war shootings. I'm worried for him and the soldiers out there, but I know the Lord will watch over them. I can't wait till he comes back home and be a bit more safe than being out there. We can continue being a family and work ourselves to go through the Temple and enjoy the blessing the Lord has in store for us. Dad wants to get his Patriarchal blessing when he returns from Iraq. Now that would be an interesting blessing to hear. I hope he would share it with me. This has been an awesome and meaningful letter. And I'm glad that I have him in my life. May the Lord forever bless, protect and guide my Dad and my family forever. Thanks Daddy for your words of love and care. Talk to you soon!

You May Also Like

0 Comments