Grandma Lucy Wilson Unga quilt for President Gordon B. Hinkley

by - October 06, 2007

Taking a nice walk round temple square, Mika and I notice the Relief Society building across from the Joseph Smith building. So we went in and we took a tour , which we saw many cool things that the church had on display from other members throughout the years that we never heard about. As we got to the 3rd floor I saw a Hawaiian quilt that looked familiar from what my grandma was making years ago for some big project. Low and behold it was that same quilt she and a few other missionaries in Hawaii made for the Prophet. A cool moment for me to stand next to it since it has a lot to do with my family, mainly my grandma. I told my mom about it and she wished that she saw it when they were here just a few weeks ago. Here it is andI'm glad to have seen it and informed the tour guide that my grandmother was part of this beautiful project.

You May Also Like

0 Comments