A visit from an Apostle of the Lord

by - April 14, 2013

We had a nice surprise to see one of the Apostles of the Lord, Elder Oaks. I had so many inspiring moments from his talks and meeting him before in Hawaii in my home ward in Kahuku. I know that my mommy was with me when he arrived in our sacrament meeting. She was probable telling me that it's ok to be sad but that she's ok and well on the other side. Teary eyed for a moment but then I felt alright, or should I say I felt comforted. Thanks Mom! It was also our fast and testimony meeting.  No one knew he would be here but it sure made me smile because he is my beloved mommy's favorite Apostle. Everyone was a bit out of place and unworthy to bare their testimony. But for me I felt prompted to bare mines. I didn't know what to say, but I knew the Lord wanted me to, so I did. Whatever I said I hoped it made sense. During the middle of my testimony, I over heard Elder Oaks ask my bishop what is the name of the sister that is speaking right now? For a moment there I got really nervous, but then I was filled with the Holy Spirit and it comforted me. So I continued until I was done. As I began to walk down the stairs to go to my seat, Elder Oaks reached out to me and shocked my hand and said what a wonderful testimony that I bore. I wanted to cry right there and then but I didn't want to look foolish. I smiled at him and thanked him and went to my seat. A few more people went up to share their testimony and I didn't notice first that he didn't shake anyone else hands. I thought that was weird but not surprised. My husband told me that maybe Elder Oaks felt prompted by the spirit to shake my hand. Who knows what it could be, but it sure made my day and my year! After sacrament was over everyone in the congregation wanted to meet with him. He was rushing out of their because he had another meeting to attend to. So I made my way to give him an extra lei I had in my bag and gave it to him. He thanked me and said to me how much he loves the Polynesian people and that he really enjoyed my testimony. Till this day I still don't remember what I said! lol Anyways, this was an amazing experience for me and I'm thankful to have met an Apostle of  the Lord face to face for the 3rd time in my life.

You May Also Like

0 Comments