Fantasy Con '14

by - July 03, 2014








I've always admire acting, dress up and getting dolled up. But I've never thought in my wildest dreams that I would participate in something like Fantasy Con. This is the first annual convention here in Utah that displays all sort of Cosplay (Dress up in full costumes of fictional characters from books, magazines, TV shows and movies) , booths full of interesting art, music, clothes and toys. So being an adult and love to dress up, I joined in on the fun and went to all 3 days of fantasy dress up. My amazing sister Juanita joined me. Sometimes its a good thing to do something out of the norm to have a bit more fun in your life. I know I did!!
The first evening was a pre-party event at the Complex. Live music and entertainment to get the Fantasy party started. It was really cool to see Elijah Wood (Actor) DJ some songs with a few of the Hobbit Cast members, Doctor Who actors, and other famous celebrities hanging out in the VIP lounge near the stage. What a night!! Fun times!
There was a lot of entertainment from different genres, comic book stands, toys from many shows or comic books and celebrity guest was pretty neat. It was amazing to see so many people dressed up in full getups like characters from the Lord of the Rings, Game of Thrones, other types of fantasy movies, shows and books. We even went to a Ball...seriously a dance where you dress up in renaissance style clothes. It was called the Red Wedding ball. After the Game of Thrones tv show. The dance was fun and exciting. I thought they did a pretty good job in hosting this event. They really tried to get the theme right in one of the Hall rooms. Great time!
On the other days of the convention, my sister and I walked around to see the other booths and sat in on a few panels. Some of the panels I didn't know who they were but it was fun to listen to their stories. My husband Mika and my brother didn't care much to join my sister and I, but they did come on the last day to see some of the famous people who were in scheduled to be in one of the panels.
The cast from the Hobbit was there, well some of the dwarfs and a few TV show guests. I tried to take a few photos, but some of them were a bit blurry. Ugh!?! I'm just glad to have a few good shots of the celebrities. Overall my experience at the Fantasy Con was pretty fun and entertaining.
My sister and I had a fabulous time and hope to experience more of these conventions in the near future.

You May Also Like

0 Comments