11 Year Wedding Anniversary day out!

by - March 06, 2015


We wanted to try something new for this year anniversary. Being major foodies, we wanted to try out different food locations around Utah and see what they have to offer. So I let Mika take charge of the food location and I just help navigate to where we need to go. I'm the main GPS system when it comes to travel around with Mika. lol Sorry babes but you are truly horrible when it comes to navigating around town. We had breakfast at Silver Fork Lodge and it had a cabin, outdoors feel to it. The food was hardy and full of country vibe goodness. I had corn hard meal and Mika had eggs Benedict. It was good and decent price. Perfect place to go when your out in the cold hunting or skiing. after breakfast we went to the Traverse Outlet mall in Lehi and went window shopping to burn off a little of the heavy breakfast we just ate. Then we headed down to Salt Lake to eat lunch at Takashi Sushi Bar. It was a bit pricey but my love wanted to try expensive sushi for once. And that's what we did, ate expensive sushi! Oh boy was the atmosphere was relaxing and elegant. The meals or  sushi dishes was exquisite. With every bite of the fish, octopus, squid and shrimp style sushi was heavenly. Perfect flavors with the many lite dipping sauces and natural taste from the fish oils. This is the place to really enjoy sushi without the over load of mayo or cream sauces from other inexpensive sushi bars. It was delicious and fulfilling. Soon after eating a yummy lunch, Mika and I went home to relax because I felt like I was in a food coma from eating so much today! Took a nap and got dolled up for our last meal of the day, Dinner. Mika wanted found this French restaurant not too far from where we live and felt like trying something more romantic on our Anniversary. We went to Franck's Restaurant in Holladay, UT. It was fancy and very elegant. The presentation of the food was so pretty that I didn't even want to touch it. Seriously it was that gorgeous. Well what do you expect for a expensive meal. We had cheese fondu for our appetizer. We both tried their sweet pea soup which was very tasty. Then came our main course. Stake and mash potatoes. When you look at it at first glance you would think that it's something else, but no it was Stake and potatoes. It looked picture perfect good. Like in the magazine, thats how beautiful it was. Oh man and the taste of it was so good that it literally melted in my mouth. The mash potato was creamy and season perfectly just like the stake. Together it was a match made in heaven. Best meal by far for me! Last but not least, dessert time. Mika and I shared a pistachio ice cream with a chocolate brownie topped with white chocolate cotton candy. Can I say yummy!?! The ice cream was sweet but not too sweet. The brownie was superb to the taste. And that cotton candy brought me by surprise on how lite and sweet it was. Together it blended well. Overall this restaurant was amazing and well worth going there if money isn't the issue. It is very expensive, but for an occasion like our Anniversary, we didn't mind splurging. Well that was my wedding anniversary adventure with my husband. And it was a blast! Well worth everything we spend and more. Thank you sweetheart for making another year great! 
I love you!!


























You May Also Like

0 Comments