Washington Trip 2023

by - September 27, 2023

 

(Pullman,Washington)

Another year has gone and now it is time for a trip back to Pullman, Washington. Visiting with the Atuaia family again is going to be a treat. This visit is gonna be special like no other trip I have gone on. Our niece, Anessa has made the decision to receive her Temple Endowments. She made this plan about a few months now and told me about it this past summer when they were visiting Utah for the 4th of July break. My heart was filled with joy when she shared it with me and I told her that when she plan the date to enter in the temple, to let me and Mika know about it. We will be there for her and we both started to tear up. Now fast forward to now, she made the announcement to only people she wanted there who has supported her throughout her life, especially when she was going through some hard times. Mika and I always made it a priority to be a good example to our nieces and nephews, regardless of their choices or their parents ways of raising them. We wanted to be there for all of them that needed that encouragement and support. And now we have been witnesses to the blessings of our small but consistent efforts. So before we head out to Washington, I wanted to write a little something about this journey of Anessa and how much Mika and I but mainly her parents are so proud of her. This spiritual progression will help her stay strong and faithful to God throughout her life. The best protection everyone should seek in this life to overcome some of the challenges and evil that we see everyday. I am so glad that Mika and I will be accompanied with Alema (Anessa's sister), Jenny (Mika's sisters & Anesssa's aunt), Natalia & Faith (Jen's daughters & Anessa's cousins). We got a van spacious enough for us to be comfortable on the drive. Mika will take the first leg and then I will drive the rest of the way. Just thinking about this trip will be fun and long but totally worth it. Another great thing about this trip is that General Conference will be on this weekend and I've been waiting to hear from our amazing spiritual church leaders. Well I better go since I have to make sure everything is ready for jen and her girls and also lema to arrive at out place to sleepover before our drive. Wherever you are, may you have a fantastic weekend and please be safe.

You May Also Like

0 Comments