Letter #4 from Dad in Iraq

by - April 22, 2005

Another fatherly fun letter from Dad today. I told him about getting an apartment since we've been living with my sister in law and her family. I'm blessed by their love in letting us live with them, but now is that time for me and Mika to be a couple and grow together. Dad was very happy for that news that he started to ask me if it has the basic essentials in the apartment and if I had any stuff for our new place. I knew we would go total Daddy mode in making sure I have the right essentials for life. He even asked if I'm going to make a 72 hour kit for myself and Mika. i giggled because I know he knows I don't have one so thats why he asked in his letter. How typical of Dad to say that. Well Dad was able to attend a LDS service there. One of the Soldier was an Elder and he said he felt the spirit there. Good news came through his letter that my baby sister will be getting her patriarchal blessing on her birthday. Oh man I can't to hear what line she's from and what blessings are in her future. Happy moment for our family. I guess I'm my Dad's favorite since I'm not as bratty as Nita! heheheh she's going to be mad if she read this letter. Dad called her a brat! lol Dad, reminded me how special I am and that I was known as my Mom's shadow. And from that I've always been by her side and we looked like twins, or so I've heard. Well the letter continues about when I get my place and that he wants to have a family trip and camp out in our living room. Now that I would love to have my family spend time with each other at my home. Laughing, crying, making jokes, talking stories, shopping home cooked meals and snuggling with my parents. Oh I can't wait. He went on talking about cooking some awesome meals, especially moms deep friend ham that I miss eating on Thanksgiving! heheheh He dose that all the time, talk about food and it makes me hungry. Anyways, that was the gist of his awesome letter and I'm going to email him now since I can go to the library. until next time....

You May Also Like

0 Comments