Letter #3 from Dad in Iraq

by - April 04, 2005

Dad got some jokes! Always joking with me and making me laugh overtime I talk to him or even through his letters. Asking me about my job and health. Well my health has always been an issue but I managed. Job wise its been good, nothing too exciting or boring. A job is a job, right? Well sometimes it can be more than a job. At least he does what he likes and is good at. Me on the other hand I'm ok but it depends on the job. Of course as I continue to read his letter, he tells me to make sure to take my vitamins and see the doctor for my checkups and stuff a parent would tell you to do. hehe you gotta love loving and concern parents like mines! There is one part of his letter got me laughing a bit. He said, Mommy shared with me her spiritual plan. She would want to receive her Endowments at the Laie Hawaii Temple even if he stays in Iraq! I know that Dad would be sad but he knows that Mom has to make her spiritual choice on her own and not forced by anyone. I agree with that. Mom also told Dad that she wants to get sealed to her children as a family at the St. George Utah Temple. Thats Moms plan for the future. I would love to witness that in this life. Dad expressed how much he loves mom and how he will do all that he can to make her happy and do whats right by her. He even asked me if he's a good dad. Of course you are Dad! Even though things were rocky for you and Mom, that doesn't mean I don't love you or that you are a horrible father. You are a God send to our family and I'm thankful for that. Please take care Dad out there in Iraq. May the Lord bless and protect you always. Thanks for the letter.

You May Also Like

0 Comments