Elder Grant Wolfgramm Email #2

by - June 26, 2016

So your probably wondering what the heck does "Welimwemi!" mean lol well it is a greeting in my new language I will be learning and it means "How are you guys doing..." Its pronounced "Whad e mo me". The language is the language of the outer islands here on Yap and is known as Woleaian it is a very interesting language and I am taking a liking to it! My trainer is Elder Zonts and he is what we call an exactly obedient missionary someone who follows the rules to the T! The mission field is completely different from the MTC and it is amazing that Elder Zonts has come to be my companion I hope to learn a lot from him and progress in the Woleaian language and culture. For the culture though it is very similar to the Polynesian culture and its almost like I am serving in Tonga. The island of Yap for itself is a true beauty and I got to meet a lot of the members, recent converts, and investigators yesterday at church and on the island. So that is some of the things that have happened on Yap. But I was able to serve for about a week in Guam and I got to teach many people the Gospel! I taught this one older gentleman who's name was Edgardo he was a Filipino and also was a chef which was awesome he made us some 5 star food which was way good and than through the grace of God me and my companion (at this time I was on splits) Elder Teriihaunui (and yes he is a Polynesian) were able to set a baptismal date for him to be baptized which was awesome and I hope to hear of his baptism while I am here on Yap from him. Another really cool lesson we had was with Sedwig and Daisy a Chuukese family me and another Elder named Elder Dickey taught them about Repentance and the importance that God is over culture the lesson was pretty intense Daisy believed in what we were saying but Sedwig's heart was hardened toward us but I could tell the spirit was able to soften his heart when I told him a story about my Great Grandpa Iohani about how that they sometimes just need to have faith because they are in a bad financial situation and they need help so I told them what Grandpa Iohani would say "Don't worry the Lord will provide..." And the spirit was able to soften his heart towards us though he didn't accept baptism he is ready to receive answers from Heavenly Father. Anyways the people in this area are just like Polynesians soooo much food haha almost every house we are fed and if we don't finish it they get offended haha yupp so food won't be much a problem and rice is always in the mix of food I get so that's nice but hey here is my address if you want to send me anything it is: 
Yap Zone
P.O. Box 456 
Colonia, FM 96943
YAP
P.S. If you want to send me anything don't be shy... no really just send me something lol hahaha just kidding OFA ATU!!!!

You May Also Like

0 Comments