Sister Anzehla Tupuola Email #2

by - December 27, 2019


Bonjour famille et les ami,

This week threw my whole sleep schedule off. I've been so busy! 
Monday and Tuesday was filled with language classes, TRC's, District meetings, Tutors and LOTS of junk food.

Tuesday (Christmas Eve),
We had a live nativity program. The MTC president and his grandchildren did the whole program. Soo many babies! I thought about my niece Aurea and got a little choked up. I miss her, Ava and Manaia so much. 
The program was adorable. There was a little boy dressed up like a horse and he kept trying to punch all the kids haha. I thought it was hilarious. Don't worry though. None of the kids were hurt. 
Tuesday night.
My companions wanted the other sisters in our district to come have a sleepover. I said no but they didn't care what I had to say haha. I tried. The struggle was real. I thought they were going to sleep on the floor with only their blankets. But NO. My companions suggested they move all of their beds in our room. What!? They're crazy! I had them read the missionary rules again.
1. Having "sleepovers" are not aloud. 
2. If you move the beds out from your room you can get sent home. 
I gave the sisters a whole safety lesson and why we can't do certain things in the MTC residence. I felt like a grandma explaining to their grandchildren what they can and can't do in their house. My companions called me the Grinch. lol okay..... I didn't care. I'm just trying to stay in the MTC and not get sent home. Long story short, we had a sleepover. The other sisters brought their beds and all of their food. Woke up Christmas morning and our room is trashed. Ugh. These sisters drive me nuts!

Besides the rough start. Christmas day was one of the best.
We woke up to snow, which was nice. We built a snowman and had a "friendly" snowball fight.
Ate breakfast. and went to our morning devotional. 
I had the privilege to hear from Elder D. Todd Christofferson and a testimony from his wife.
Elder Christofferson shared a beautiful Christmas message, that included memories from early pioneer saints about some of their Christmas experiences after they arrived in the Salt Lake Valley. Though they had few possessions, they experienced a season of peace, 
free from persecutions. He also shared with us the new Church video, “The Christ Child.” I LOVE this video. I've watched it multiple times here in the MTC and have felt the spirit every time I've watched it. Elder Christofferson reminded us that Christmas has no meaning without Easter, and bore a powerful testimony of the Atonement and Resurrection of Jesus Christ.
I was able to shake hands and talk to Elder Christofferson afterwards, just for a short moment.
Lunch! Oh, Lunch was parfait👌 We had steak with garlic butter on top. REAL homemade mashed potatoes and side vegetables. It was the best meal I have eaten here in the MTC.

Later, I got to watch the movie "A Wonderful Life". I love that movie. It was nice being able to watch something other than safeguard videos. 
We ended our Christmas day with a special guest. David Archuleta.
He sang many beautiful songs and shared awesome stories of his mission. I wish I had my mom and all my aunty's here to join him. That would've been thee best! 
Afterwards, he wanted to shake everyone's hands. So I stood in line and while waiting I saw family! Elder Hunt! We talked for a bit and honestly, it was so nice. We haven't had the chance to talk cause we both have been so busy. But we talked for a good 10 min about our families and friends back at home. I'm happy I have family here at the MTC, It makes me feel less "alone" haha. 

Yesterday (Thursday),
Back to our regular schedules. Agh it was tough. It was the longest day of my life. My companions were sick so i split with the other sisters from my district. My language classes were combined with another class. It was crazy. my poor teacher couldn't anyone's attention.
Other than that, Nothing exciting happened. 

Friday. PDAY.
Laundry! Laundry! Laundry! I feel like the whole world is doing laundry at the MTC.
Its crazy. You've got missionaries sleeping, facetiming their families, crying, reading, eating, singing, and dancing. Its Chaos! It feels like years for me to get my laundry done. 
I don't have a lot planned today. Me and my district are scheduled to clean the temple at 12:30. We'll be there for about 4 hours. After, we have class for the rest of the evening.

I have 2 weeks and 3 days left in the MTC. Time is going by way too fast! 

Anyways, I love you all. Thank you for your emails during Christmas. I truly felt so loved. I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend. Be safe and keep emailing me!

-Soeur Tupuola




You May Also Like

0 Comments