Awaken from a prompting

by - December 31, 2023


 

Woke up this morning around 6:30 am. to take Mika to church for his bishopric meeting. As I dropped him off, I saw a homeless guy in our church pavilion folding his blanket, maybe leaving after seeing us drive up. I said goodbye to Mika and headed back home. Arrived at home and quickly went back to bed because it was a cold winter morning. No sooner as I fell asleep, I had a thought of grabbing a few things from home and giving it to the homeless man. From getting him breakfast, hot cocoa, and a blanket. After that thought came to my mind, I said a prayer, asking the Lord if that is what he wanted to do, I get up now. Felt that prompting to get up, and so I did. I quickly grabbed a waffle blanket, a few chips, sweet treats, and made hot water for the cup of noodles and hot chocolate. I also got ready for church that once I gave the man these things, I would attend my ward at 10 am. Everything went fast, and I was ready to go. I drove down to our ward building, and that's when I noticed he wasn't there. Feeling bummed out, I drove around the neighborhood to see if I may find him, but to no avail. Well eventhough I did what I felt prompted to do and I didnt get to serve my brother in Christ, this is a testimony of being attentive when the Lord may call me to do whatever he sees fit for me to accomplish. Be ready always and don't hesitate the call. Thank you, Lord, for trusting in me to be willing to serve. 



*** UPDATE ***

After the first part of my morning went on I went to church, fulfill my duties and carry on with my day. Once church was done, I drove home and could't wait to relax for the new year. As I turned into the street to get home, I noticed a homeless person laying on the street next to the gas station. I quickly turned into the parking lot and grabbed my snacks from earlier and went over to the man. When I approached him, it looked like he was about to sleep or rest. I greeted him and wished him a Happy New Year, then I gave him the treats, hot cocoa and the blanket. He thanked me and shook my hand then I left. My heart was content and I was happy that the treats went to a good place. He was happy and so was I. Thank you again Lord for this blessing of giving and serving those in need. Hoping for a better new year for me but to all those who truly need it.




You May Also Like

0 Comments