Jj's Bridal shower theme is Mama Mia!
It’s crazy how quickly time flies. Everyone is growing up, moving forward, and creating lives and families of their own. As I get older, I find myself missing those little moments with family even more—especially the memories I’ve shared with my nieces.
Even though I wasn’t always there for every part of Jayjay’s life, the moments I did get to share with her have always been special to me. And now, watching her prepare for this new chapter in her life has brought back memories I didn’t expect.
When I received the invitation to Jayjay’s bridal shower and saw that the theme was Mamma Mia!, I was surprised because I never knew it was one of her favorite movies. But what really touched my heart was the music. Mamma Mia! is filled with songs by ABBA, a group my mom loved. The moment I realized that connection, I became emotional because it immediately made me think of Mom and how much she loved that music and the movie too.
It felt like a little reminder of her.
What makes it even more meaningful is that my mom always considered Jayjay her first grandbaby, even though I’m not Jayjay’s birth mom. When Jayjay was little and we would babysit her, she and my mom developed their own special bond. They would have video chats and long phone conversations together. Sometimes Jayjay would be on the phone speaking her adorable baby gibberish, and it honestly sounded like she was telling my mom everything I had done—as if she were trying to get me in trouble! Just thinking about those moments still makes me laugh.
Now, all these years later, that little girl is getting married.
There’s something beautiful about knowing that a piece of my mom’s memory is connected to Jayjay’s wedding. Through the music, the memories, and the love they shared, it almost feels like Mom found a small way to be part of this special moment too.
I know she would be so happy to see Jayjay today.
As my niece begins this beautiful new chapter of her life, my prayer for her is simple: that she will always be surrounded by protection, love, peace, laughter, and happiness. May she build a marriage filled with beautiful memories, and may she always know just how deeply she is loved.
I love you, Jayjay. And somewhere in all the joy and celebration, I’ll be thinking of Mom too. ❤️

0 Comments