Welcome Home Elder Henry Elu!!

by - April 14, 2006





My twin brother is finally home from his 2 year mission in San Pedro Honduras/Belize in South America. It's been crazy to see his transformation from leaving home 260 pounds and thick like a gorilla and coming home weighing 125 and looking like a starving boy in Africa! No matter where we go or live, if my mom needs to find us she will like a secret service woman or the F.B.I. Anyways, that's just one of many things my mom can do and she can work miracles for her children. She's an amazing woman. But enough about that, this is about my twin brother homecoming. I'm glad that I was able to see him arrive from the airport and spend some time with him before I head back to Utah. We had a homecoming party and celebration for him. Hearing him speak Spanish to my Dad was pretty neat. My grandpa Vaine was very happy to see his favorite grandson. As weak as my grandpa was, he waited all day and night for my brother to come home safely. He even gave him the biggest hug and telling him how much he's happy that my brother served the Lord well and is home safely. It's a bless for my family and I because he is the first in my little family to go on a mission. So giving yourself to the Lord in Service is a great honor. We felt the blessing when was serving and with that I'm forever grateful for my brother in doing the right thing. I pray one day that my husband Mika and I could serve a couple mission since neither one of us served a mission when we were single. I know the Lord has other plans for me. These past 2 weeks in Hawaii was fun and interesting, but it was totally worth it. I'm glad that I went home for this special occasion.

You May Also Like

0 Comments