One of the Scariest Moments of my Life!

by - June 22, 2009


It was another day in good ole Salt Lake City. The sun was shinning and everything around seem to be going well. I was hanging out with my sister Juanita getting our exercise done for the day, when I received a phone call from Mike, who sounded really frantic and scared. He told me that Mika collapsed and he's at Saint Marks Hospital. My sister and I rushed back home and drove to the hospital. So many things was running through my head especially the worst thoughts. Let's just say that I worried and crying on the inside even though I looked calm on the outside. As we finally arrived at the hospital, I enter into the emergency room, I rushed in to find Mike was crying near the front desk and Tiare, Mali, Donnie & Tea were standing in the visiting room with worried looks on their faces. I went straight to the front desk and informed them that I was Mika's wife here to see him. The nurse took me into the room where Mika was and right then and there is when I saw my helpless husband laying down on the hospital bed as the doctors was taking a few X-rays on his chest. Mika noticed me walking into the room and with all his strength that he has left in him, reached out to hold my hand. I grabbed his hands gently and nervously. Looking at him I was scared of the unknown or what is happening to him that I can't see. Tears started to fall from my face. I couldn't helped it. My sweetheart was hurting and there was nothing that I could do to take away his pain. Giving him a gentle kiss on the forehead comforted him for a moment as the doctors where trying to figure what is happening to him. Mika and I talked for a few short moments just to keep him up because the doctors didn't want him to fall asleep. I expressed to Mika how much I loved him and that he needs to be strong with faith that everything will be ok. Suddenly as Mika was about to tell what happened before he collapsed, the doctor and nurses rushed in and said that Mika is having a heart attack and he needs to have surgery ASAP! In my mind I was like what the %$#&! This can't be happening!My husband can't be having a heart attack!?! But oh how I wish I was wrong, but I wasn't. They took Mika to the surgery room to operate on him which took 2 hours. My sister Juanita and I waited for his surgery to be done in a small waiting room area. Mika's family came afterwards in the waiting room, praying and hoping for the best for him. After the surgery was done with success, we all saw Mika resting through the ICU window. He had 2 stents put into his
arteries which was clogged with thick blood. After staying in the ICU for 3 days, he was looking much better to be transferred into a regular room for the rest of the week. Each day since than was a blessing to see him recovering from this scary incident. I'm glad that I had my sister to be with me at the hospital or I think I wouldn't get any sleep. We camped in the waiting room since there wasn't any room for me to stay near my husband. So I gathered a few blankets, pillows, snacks and phone chargers to keep Juanita and I preoccupied throughout the long day and night. I'm thankful for all the doctors, nurses and staff at St. Mark's hospital for helping my husband alive and well. I thank all my family and friends for their support and constant prayers for Mika's health. I thank the Lord for giving me husband a second chance in life and for giving me the strength to endure throughout this time. I love my Savior and Heavenly Father for every blessings in my life. Don't let time be wasted on unnecessary things in your life. Enjoy every precious moment with those that you love. Because one day they won't be there and it will be too late!

You May Also Like

0 Comments