Elder Grant Wolfgramm Email #4

by - July 31, 2016

Alma 26:12 "Yea I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever." Meta Koffmi? (How is everyone doing?) I hope everyone is doing great and not messing around with machetes lol! Note to self... So yupp Yap also known as Wa'ab is doing great I am finding that the weather is pretty much constant all year round which I am pretty much used to already... One thing I noticed is it rains a lot here and yeah I haven't been a day here without rain which is nice since I am from Arizona where it rarely rains but the only thing that sucks about rain is the humidity flies up to 100% so yeah it gets very very humid after the rain but hey at least when it rains it's cool haha. But yeah the food here is very good I love fish so thats not much a problem also they have this drink thats like otai but its with breadfruit and coconut called fifi which is amazing I love it! Also in other news my finger is healing up very nicely and I'll take a picture when it's not wrapped the doctors said "Your Lucky..." But I know that Heavenly Father has helped it heal very well and I continue to thank him for it. But onto what's happening in the mission field it truly is doing very well we are teaching a kid by the name of JV and his brother Jehu they are just great and they very interested and the other night I got to extend the invitation to be baptized and though at first he was uncertain but through the power of the Holy Ghost we were able to change his uncertainty to a yes... It was amzazing and I feel a love for him and his brother I hope to in the near future baptize him and his brother. Also we are making a lot of friends here and everyone is super nice accept for a few people who are rude but yeah we still try our best to be nice and curteous. Here on Yap me and my companion Elder Zonts teach what are known as the Outer Island people who have a completely different language and culture from the Yapese while in an Outer Island village is very open and you can walk up to anyone's home to visit in a Yapese village everything is hidden and you have to call out and have them accept you to go to their house also you have to carry a leaf in a Yapese village... no idea why but culture is very big here so I just follw their customs so I don't get beat up lol but for reals! Anyways I love teaching the Outer Island people they are all very humble and I am basically teaching the "lowly in heart..." They are an awesome people and I hope to continue to learn the language so I can be able to better teach to them! Anyways thats all for this week and I just want to continue to say thank you for all the support family and friends!! Yor yai gashangshang ngaligammi! (Here is my love to you guys!) And also Ofa Atu!!

You May Also Like

0 Comments