Elder Maikeli C Wolfgramm email: ELDER WOLFGRAMM🇹🇴
Today, it is Sunday here in Tonga, and I know it'll be Sunday tomorrow for you guys back home. Being here over a year now in Tonga, I've learned what it really means to keep Sabbath day Holy, and working in town has reminded me how of that. Evereryday there are lots of people in town working, shopping, eating, driving around and it is always noisey. Today, as we were walking through town on our way to the wharf, it was completely quiet, shops closed, and not a single person out. I felt the spirit strongly and remembered today is the Lords day. " 9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: 10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God."
I know there are lots that work today, but let us remember what the Lord asks us to do. Today is a day to reset spiritually and give out time to the Lord.
Growing up I always thought Sundays sucked because that meant the weekend was over and school or work was coming up. Clearly, I needed to come here to know the true meaning of this day. Sunday is now my favorite day, and I always look forward to it because I have felt the spiritual reset is needed for us all.
Today was a neat Sunday because in my area we cover all of town which is 2 big wards and then we cover this branch on a small island called Ofu which is about a 20 minute boat ride over from the main island. Anyways, it was neat because we were able to go over there for church. A lot of the members now live here on the main island but still go to church in Ofu, so we caught a boat ride over with them. We were on our way to church this morning on this small boat completely full. A special experience riding past beautiful islands and then pulling up to the beach with the small chapel right on it. We had Lotu (church) and both me and my companion were asked to speak, so that was nice being able to introduce myself and share testimony. Afterward we had a big eating right on the beach! Definitely a day to be remembered. I'm always grateful for the special moments like these on my mission.
This past week was definitely a lot better than the past few. Although it's been hot and we walk lots of hills me and my companion were finally able to get out and meet with our members and people in our area. We are currently not teaching anyone but trying each day. We were able to help teach with Mission prep class, and also, Friday, we got to teach the little kids at the local elementary school, and that is always one of my favorite things. We had visited some members or none members and left with a simple prayer which was strong felt in the spirit. It has been fun working here in Vava'u meeting family or people that know of my family really well. The longer I've been here, the more I love it. I really hope I get to stay here a while because it feels like a new home, and everyone has treated me like family.
I hope everyone back home is well. Miss and love you all. -
Ofa lahi atu Elder Wolfgramm








0 Comments