Letter #14 from Cousin Kalae in Prison

by - August 26, 2004

It's nice to know that he wasn't mad at me for not writing back to him in a few weeks. Life was crazy since I had to work and travel. Plus marriage is a whole new world that I'm still getting use to. This weeks letter was simple and nice. He express to me that he enjoys receiving my letter since I was the only one writing back to him. Hey when I had the time I would write back cause I feel for him being bored and lonesome. Kalae is learning how to play Slack guitar from one of his friends. Well one of his good friends. His other home boys are trouble some and thats why he went to the hoe last time because of them. Idiots! Being in prison he realize who are his true friends. Because the friends he had on the outside don't give a crap about him now that he's in prison. What a bunch of punks?!? Goes to show who is really there for you and who's not! True colors comes out of people when shizz hit the fan. I felt kind of bad... I sent him a book of Mormon to read, but I can't just send anything like that since he's in a Federal prison. So I had to get proper permission to do that. He said it was ok and that he wasn't going to get in trouble for that reason. My bad cuz!! Kalae shared a little moment he had with Kolina on the phone. He said that he said " Hi Baby girl!" and she told him, "Daddy, I'm not a baby anymore. I'm a big girl now!" How cute is that. That is something my nieces would say to their parents or grandparents. I'm glad to know that he gets to speak to her on the weekends when she's at his moms place. What a blessing! He continues to tell me how things are going for him every day and nothing new so far happened. I'm glad that its been good for him. Life for me has been very hard and dramatic. So my final letter I wrote to him was to let him know that I may not be able to write to him because I'll be moving and I won't know what my future will be like. I know it may seem sad but honestly its not looking too good. Who knows what the future holds for me and living wise. I pray that I would be able to write to my cousin who needs fellowshipping from family. If it meant to be than it will be. Other than that we will see. Until next time...

You May Also Like

0 Comments