Health Issues & Healthy Living

by - February 13, 2018

Going to the doctors isn't my thing. Besides the simple, basic check ups that is needed and also making sure I'm ok. I really don't like visiting them at all! Why? Because I don't like spending money when I don't have too and I just hate being there!
Growing up for me wasn't sunshine and rainbows like other kids. Majority of the time I was in and out of the hospital. Dealing with health issues all my life prevented me from having a comfortable childhood. My amazing mom did her best to give me a good childhood regardless of my health problems. She didn't want me to feel more miserable than I should at that age but honestly, I didn't really felt that way. She made every moment an adventure. Thanks Mom!
 As I got older my health got a bit better but I still had to visit the hospital more than I would like to. From heart problems, back issues, skin/allergy irritations and other random sickness I had, I felt that no matter what my health problems were, I was going to live a happier and fun life. And I did!
Not many people knew that I had problems. Actually I didn't want them to know besides my family. If you knew me back then, you would think that I looked healthy. But I wasn't. Even my mom had major health issues but she kept it in because she didn't want unnecessary sympathy or judgments from others. I felt the same way. At first it wasn't easy to keep it from my friends, but my mom told me that I need support and positivity from others besides family. And she was right! I had great friends who didn't treat me like a lab rat but they gave me the strength I needed growing up. 
To my good friends who knew me during my sickly hospital days, Thank You for being my true friend and my amazing support! Luv you guys!!
It was never hard for me to help others. I know from experience. Plus my Mom was my main example of helping others. And I wanted to emulate those attributes in my life. When I can help, I'll help. Whenever I know someone who is having health issues or going through problems, I would give the support, care and love they need to over come it. Not everyone likes that but I understand how they feel. I know when to help and when not to. So with all that being said, I'm a caring & loving person that has so many internal health issues! Yup I'm a gentle nutcase!?! hehehe Just kidding! I do my best everyday to live a good life, a healthy life to the best of my abilities. I dont ask for help unless I really need it, which is a rare thing. I'm doing this right now, by making an awareness to everyone and anyone who are dealing with personal health issues alone and not too sure who or where to turn to. 
If you have insurance, then go see your primary care doctor. Talk to them and let them know what you are dealing with. By going to someone with better knowledge of many different health problems people go through on the daily, they can help you or recommend other doctors that you assist you in more depth about your health issues. Don't delay and go see the doctor!
But if none of these options are available to you, then look through your local free health clinics and get the help that they can help you with. At many cases, financial problems are usually the reason why many people to dont seek for help. I was like that in my adult years. :(
Many jobs don't give you the best health coverages, by going to a free clinic could help you solve any health issues that you have. Just a heads up, many free clinics can do so much and they are sometimes limited with resources. If that is the case, then you might have to go to the emergency room. I know, I know, going to the emergency room is expensive, but you might not have any other options. I hope thats not the case. But it dose happen from time to time. If you don't have to go to the Emergency room then thats great. Hopefully there are other free clinics near your area that could provide the help that you need!
Please don't wait til its too late to fix an issue that could have been prevented! Healing and Medications do take time to work. Dont expect quick results when you had issues prior to your visit to the doctors. If you can take better care of yourself, you can have a healthier and happier life. Remember its worth the check up!
As for me, I'm slowly dealing with some of my older health issues and handling my newer ones with tons of patience. As much as I hate seeing the doctors, its for the best, in my case. I want to continue living. I want to enjoy life even through my hardships. It's not easy, but I'm doing my best to incorporate more good and healthy things so I can be a support to my family, friends and anyone who needs help both spiritually and physically. By the way I'm not rich, so don't ask for money because I don't have any! heheheh
Take good care of yourself and remember don't let your pride get in the way of a healthier life!
If you need a friend to talk to, I'm here for you too!
Much luv,
Jay

You May Also Like

0 Comments