Rainy day at the Draper Temple & geneaoly miracle

by - March 16, 2023

 








Mika wanted to go to the temple today, so he booked us a 4pm initiatory session at the Draper Temple. It was a wonderful session, I felt the spirit of my grand aunt Mana when I did the work for her. I was overjoyed with the Holy Spirit as I received those blessing on her behalf. When all 4 names were done, I went to the Celestial room to pray and reflect about my life and God's purpose for me. Many questions plague my mind at the momemt but I listened earnestly for the Lord's response. And this is what I heard in my head, read Alma 21: 16-17. It's over message was preach the gospel with all my mind, might and heart. I also read the footnotes which lead me to read in Genesis and Acts. I felt as if the Lord was telling me that I am doing what I am supposed to be doing and that everything is fine. But I still felt sorrow and I didn't know why. Mika finally arrived in the Celestial room, he prayed and then we left. The overwhelming feeling of sorrow flooded my whole entire body. I couldn't shake it off. Thinking to myself, that I could be doing something more in helping with God's work here on earth and if I am even trying to do everything right. Quickly I felt the Lord telling me that I am doing what I need to be doing and that I need to continue to trust in him and in myself. While I was walking to the dressing room, I hugged Mika very tightly and told him that I love him. He said he love me too and asked if I was ok. I expressed to him that I felt sorrow and didn't understand why. He said that its gonna be ok and that I should not think about too much. And I tried. We left the temple and heading back home. We stopped at Tors le Jours bakery for some Korean French style pastries. I couldn't shake off the sorrowful feeling I was experiencing, but I just act as if I was ok. When I got in the car, I again told Mika that I really don't like the way I feel and it's bothering me. He than share with me what Elder David A. Bednar said in his latest address to the people of the Philippines devotional. He said that we shouldn't worry about things out of our control. Have faith and know that everything will be alright. If the thing we do is good it's from God. Mika wanted to know that I am doing the right thing majority of the time and that the feeling of sorrow could be the adversary trying to distract me from thinking I am doing good in my life. So I just let it go for a moment as we arrived home. I began to do a deep clean of my house and organize things before Alem arrival. After my heavy duty house cleaning, Mika and I watch the TV series of Starwars the Mandelorian. The beginning of the show was awesome but I wasn't feeling the middle portion of it. That began to make if irritated. However the ending was epic when one of the character became a part of a clan again. So after the show and Mika feel asleep, it was around 11pm when I felt the need to go to familysearch to do genealogy. I got up and went to my computer mind logged in. I stare at the screen wondering what to do, then I had a thought to look through my family tree and my grandpa from my dad's side last name popped into my mind. I began to search through his last name and found family names that needed temple work to be done. The thought of try to get name of family members who needs their baptism done that my youth and ward members can do and get done. That is when the heavens open and I found more connections after connections. It just kept going even thought many random things happen to try to stop me from getting their work printed. Like for example, the internet was going bunkers, the printer was jamming, weird loud and growling noises happening outside my window. I knew the adversary was trying very hard to prevent the names from being printed but I had no fear. I felt that the heavens was being next to me and keep me safe and giving me strength to be awake through it all. I printed a little over 300 names of ancestors who the Lord wanted me to get their work done. The feeling of sorrow was going and I felt so alive and happy. To the point that when Mika finally woke up, I showed him what God blessed me to do. He was shocked and helped me sort the names and what ordinances that needed to be done. We both noticed of the Polynesian, Native American, Spanish and European that was found was waiting for some time. All around the late 1700's into the 1800's. The feeling of excitement struck a cord ro Mika that he wanted to look into more of his German side genealogy. This was the coolest experience I have ever experienced and I look forward to getting more names and doing the work for my ancestors and blessing their lives in God's work.

You May Also Like

0 Comments