A nice day at the Jordan River Temple!

by - October 02, 2026


It has been a while since Mika and I have gone to the temple together. Life has a way of filling our days with so many distractions that sometimes we unintentionally stop making time for the things of the Spirit.

This morning started differently.

I woke up because my body was hurting. My inflamed tailbone, herniated disc, and the sciatic nerve pain on my left side were bothering me, and the throbbing pain was enough to get me out of bed. I decided to take a shower, hoping the warm water would help calm my body and nerves.

While I was in the shower, a thought came to my mind: Go get checked at a free clinic—or go to the temple.

I seriously considered going to the clinic, but as I stood there pondering, I felt more strongly that I needed to go to the temple.

So I chose the temple.

After my shower, I originally thought I would just go by myself. But another thought came to me that I should wake Mika and at least let him know I was leaving. When I did, he immediately got up and said that he wanted to go too.

That made me happy.

We both finished getting ready and headed to the temple. Mika drove while I began reading this week's Come, Follow Me lesson from Isaiah 50–57, titled "He Hath Borne Our Griefs, and Carried Our Sorrows."

During that short 15-minute drive, I tried to focus on what I could learn from the lesson that might help me today. I thought about why I had been feeling the way I had been feeling—not only physically, but emotionally and spiritually.

As I read the scriptures and the lesson, the message I felt from the Lord was simple:

I am here with you. Don't be afraid.

That was exactly what I needed.

I've had so many mixed feelings lately about different things happening in my life. Sometimes our minds can become so filled with worries, questions, pain, distractions, and uncertainty that we forget where true peace comes from.

Today, I needed God's words to remind me of that peace.

And I needed to physically go to the House of the Lord to feel it again.

When Mika and I entered the temple, we participated in sealings. We were able to do family names for couples and children, and throughout the experience, I felt a special love for those on the other side of the veil.

There were three other sisters and another brother in our group, and even the sealer gave us a moment to smile. When Mika and I served as a proxy couple, he became distracted by Mika's family name and accidentally confused me with another Sister Wolfgramm who had come in on Tuesday to do sealings.

He asked us about our nationalities, and I told him that I am Samoan and Tongan, while Mika is Tongan and German. He seemed thrilled by it, and so did some of the older people in our group. It was just one of those small, funny and sweet moments that made the experience even more memorable.

Together, we finished the family names and then went into the Celestial Room.

There, I found what I had been searching for that morning:

Comfort. Peace. Prayer.

For a little while, the noise of life became quiet.

Afterward, we changed, placed names on the temple prayer roll, left the temple, and headed to McDonald's for lunch.

Now we're back home relaxing, and I felt the need to sit down and document what I experienced today.

Maybe writing and posting on my blog is mostly for me. Maybe very few people will ever read these words. But I want to leave behind my own little history. Someday, someone in my family—whoever they may be—might find these posts and learn a little more about who I was, what I believed, what I struggled with, and what brought me peace.

So if my family ever reads this someday, I want them to know:

I love life.

I love my family.

I love the gospel of Jesus Christ.

I love being a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

I love going to the House of the Lord—the temple.

I love the Melchizedek Priesthood and the blessing of receiving priesthood blessings.

I believe in the power of prayer.

I believe in forgiveness and repentance, and I am grateful for how those gifts have blessed me throughout my life.

My life isn't perfect. I don't have everything figured out. I experience pain, struggles, distractions, doubts, worries, and moments when I lose focus on the things that matter most.

But today reminded me that sometimes the Lord reaches us through a simple thought.

Go to the temple.

I'm grateful I listened.

This is part of my story, my thoughts, and my testimony from where I am in my life right now.

Until the next post, have a fantastic Friday and a wonderful General Conference weekend.

❤️ JayLynn



 

You May Also Like

0 Comments