Letter #11 from Cousin Kalae in Prison

by - July 19, 2004

Another informative letter from my good ole funny cousin of mine. This time he's asking more probing questions about Mika. I don't mind it cause I've gotten to know him more through his letters and from my mom. I told him about my husband being in a band and I would sometimes go traveling with him. And of course my buff bad guy cousin had to tell me to tell Mika that he would put him in check if he finds out that I'm not being treated good. I got to give him some respect on that part of being family and being worried about his young cousin, me. Kalae shared with me in his letter what he usually would do on the daily. Playing card games or chess, play hand ball, lift weights with his home boys, watch the airplanes fly by since he's near the airport and sit in his cell staring at the walls. It's very depressing and annoying. Every letter he would write to me he would mention how he wish he was out of there and being free. I pray after these next 2 1/2 years goes by fast so that he can be free from his mistakes. He also read a few books to pass the time like Four blinds mice, 1st to Die, 2nd Chance and Black Friday, Monster and other books they have. I'm glad that they can listen to some local music while hanging out around the cell or eating areas. On the weekends they get to watch movies and thats one of his favorite time because it makes him feel like he's not in prison for a moment. He jokes about him turning into a Haole (White Person) because he's hasn't been going out as much and he's turning fair. heheh I know the feeling of loosing your nature tan because being indoors majority of the time. Well he ended his letter to read a good book. Okay dokie! Until next time...

You May Also Like

0 Comments