Sister Nadira Tupuola Email #27

by - March 12, 2018

How is everyone?? I hope you all are having a great week!! 

This week has been so fun! We drove down to Reno with the Hermanas to drop off Sister Kitchen at the airport! And then I had the opportunity to be in a temporary trio with the Reno YSA Sisters, Sister Brock and Sister Thomsen! We had so much fun! We went and ate Sushi with one of the members in their ward in downtown Reno. I spent the day with them while I waited for my companion to travel from Ely. And then when Sister Minton arrived, the Perazzo family (members in our ward) drove us back to Fallon. 

Sister Minton is so awesome!! I LOVE her!! haha we get along great! She is from Sevierville, Tennesee. Born and raised. She has been out on her mission for 4 months now and started in Ely, Nevada. She is so funny and athletic. She is a very diligent and a hard working missionary! I am excited to be serving with her! 

Jimmy
Jimmy our investigator recently had back surgery this week in Reno. He has no family or friends. He said he was really scared to go in so we had Priesthood holders from our ward give him a blessing before his surgery. He said it really helped him feel better. And then we also sent the Elder missionaries in Reno to go visit him at the hospital. The Reno Elders were able to go there and talk to him. They gave him another blessing for him to recover well. Jimmy called us afterwards to thank us. He said he has felt a lot of love from the members of our church and that he considers us family. It is Jimmy's birthday today, so we are going to go over to his home to sing Happy Birthday! 

Homestead
Sister Minton and I went to Homestead (Senior Living home) to visit some of our members there. Both of the members were sleeping and weren't able to visit with us but as we walked around the building, we were able to meet a lot of the elderly people and we talked to them. We met Margaret who is not a member. She is soo funny and she loves to dance. She said she was born in 1925 and asked us to do the math to find out how old she was. She kept saying the answer was 52!
"Im 52! Im 52!" she says...so we pull out our phone to do the math and it says shes 93 Lol..she goes, so what does it say??? And then we both look at eachother and say, "Yuup your 52"! hahaha it was so funny. Margaret gave us a tour of the whole building and she took us to her room. There was a picture of her with a little girl and she pointed to it and said, "thats me and my husband!" hahaha it was obviously a little girl! Man we died laughing. She said she has a strong relationship with God and she agreed for us to come back to teach her more about what we believe! 

Elders to the rescue!! 
Ive been having bike troubles for the past couple of days. I havent been able to take it in to get it looked at or anything so I asked the Elders to fix it for me. I was down without a bike for a day but they were able find out what was wrong with it and they fixed it! It was a miracle!! So my bike is okay now! #Bikingfordayyyz 

While biking this week, we were able to talk to so many people! Its been a warm week so we have been seeing more people out walking! We found Rose, who is from California. She is not a member but she said her fiance is a mormon but doesn't go to church. She said she was willing to meet with us. We scheduled a time to meet with her at her home on Saturday!

I seriously love being on a bike! I have seen so many miracles as we stop and talk to everyone the Lord puts on our path! I love you all! Thank you for all of the love and support! Its cool to see how much I've grown spiritually. I am learning new things every day! 

Naval Base! 
Sister Kitchen and I went to the Base for our last Pday together!! Her father is in the Air Force so we were able to get on the base. It was really cool! We went and visited a less active member who works there.
Lunch with the YSA Sisters
 My new companion sister Minton from Tennessee




 Air force base
Sister Minton checking the mail.

You May Also Like

0 Comments