Weekend lunch with my family!

by - March 10, 2018


It was a nice little get away with my siblings this weekend. My brother slept over last night so we can go up to provo together in one car. Every time we want to hang out or try a new restaurant together as a family we would plan it and car pool in one car. So this weekend we wanted to try out this new little restaurant in Provo called Yummy's Korean BBQ Hawaiian style grill. The owners are local to Hawaii and they have some familiar dishes from hawaii that we wanted to try. We met up with nita and she had a seat for us. We got settled and began to order our meals. Henry and I got the Poke bowl and Nita and Mika got Kalbi and Meat Jun. We had side orders of rice, house salad, mac salad, japchae(sweet potatoes) and kimchee. Nita also ordered a Madasadas with Haupia filling. That little pastry was not my favorite but we all took a bite just to try it out. But the food was pretty good which was surprising since the price was affordable. I dont mind when the price is good but its usually the food that makes the main decision if its good to me or not. The Meat jun was crispy and yummy, the kalbi was a bit too chewy for me but it was ok. However the poke was on point, the only issue I had with it was that I had more big chances of onion than Ahi poke. I still ate it and was content. Overall it was a nice little small place to grab some yummy meal to stay or to go. I can't wait to try their all you can eat restaurant that will open next month in orem where Nita used to work at.
After eating lots of spicy and salty meat and all, we went to Waffle Love close to Nita's place to eat something nice and sweet. I usually would get their regular waffles with strawberries, biscoff and whipped cream, so I already knew what I wanted. Nita's got the same order as me and Henry tried the Sunshine special which has the waffle on the bottom with lemon glaze, whipped cream and raspberries . It was actually pretty yummy. Bit too sweet for me so I had Mika and Henry finish the rest of the waffle. Waffle love is a great place to go when you're craving something sweet or breakfast style. We had a fun time as always, laughing and talking about everything and anything. Good times i say! Until next family outing...see ya!



Yummy's BBQ
Address: 287 300 S, Provo, UT 84606
Monday11AM–2:30PM, 5–9PM
Tuesday11AM–2:30PM, 5–9PM
Wednesday11AM–2:30PM, 5–9PM
Thursday11AM–2:30PM, 5–9PM
Friday11AM–2:30PM, 5–9PM
Saturday11AM–9PM
SundayClosed
 Phone(801) 769-6614


Waffle Love - Provo
Address1831 N State St, Provo, UT 84604 
Monday8AM–10PM
Tuesday8AM–10PM
Wednesday8AM–10PM
Thursday8AM–10PM
Friday8AM–11PM
Saturday8AM–11PM
SundayClosed
Phone(801) 923-3588

You May Also Like

0 Comments