Elder Grant Wolfgramm Email #8

by - August 28, 2016

 Kammagar is actually thank you in Yapese lol! I am not learning Yapese (at the moment) but hey it's a really cool language unfortunately you have to know how to roll your "R's" which I cannot do yet... I am working on it. But yeah I am still working with Woleaian it is truly the celestial language lol no offense haha just kidding! I love all languages but it just so happens that this is the one they speak in the Celestial Kingdom haha... Alrite enough with the jokes anyways life on the mission field is both wonderful and stressful! One day you think you might have something going with an investigator and than boom they are leaving on a ship to the Outer Islands (where missionaries aren't allowed yet). But yeah it has been a good week though I continue to learn new things everyday and the life of the islanders is super laid back. Unfortunately missionaries can't do that except on P-Day's although we usually clean and do shopping or something of that nature. But yupp things here are definitely changing a ship came to Yap dropping off about 61 people from the Outer Islands and me and my companion have figured at least one of them has been prepared for us so we did a lot of "Friending" which is what we do here in we go walk around and meet new people by offering help or just being nice and of course if we can we will teach a lesson! Anyways we did a lot of that this week and we found a family that we invited to be baptized and the Father said the typical "I was born a catholic so I think I will die one.." but the mother said "Yes..." it was awesome we hope to continue working with them. Doing this work always keeps me humble because you just never know what lies ahead and yeah things are pickingup here. Anyways something really funny that happened yesterday was me and my companion had just got out of an appointment at around 9:30pm and were about to head home when we look into our car and we had a bag of crabs in our car which a member gave to us to deliver to someone and yupp it was open and I yelled "Ragowmm!!" (crab) they literally were everywhere on the seats, under the seats, in cup holders, in the back of the car... yea it sucked and we had to get them all out but than all of a sudden as we were getting the crabs out a huge downpour of rain came outta no where and within seconds we were soaked. But yeah it was hilarious now that I look back but it wasn't, and also it was funny as we drove through the rain we missed a couple of crabs and they were crawling around our feet... haha it was real good anyways that's it for this week I love all yallz!


Much Love, 
Elder Wolfgramm

You May Also Like

0 Comments