The Power of Listening to the Holy Spirit

by - February 23, 2024

 


This evening I had the opportunity to spend some quality time with my brother fiancé, Shela. She invited Mika, myself and Alema to come on over to their place for brownies and ice cream. However Mika was playing games on his PS5 with his boys and so it was just Me and Lema girl. We talked, laughed and enjoy eating the yummy dessert until we started to talk about the wedding reception. Shela asked Henry if he could step out for a moment so us ladies can have a girl talk. He joked saying that he knows when he is not wanted but understood that his fiancé needed help with the wedding, so he went to my place to hang out with Mika. 

Well now it was just us ladies talking about the wedding. Her family has a wonderful program set up for them and I couldn't be more happy for the reception. I expressed to her that I would love to help out in videoing and photographing during the reception, which was a huge relief to her that she got that part covered. She also told me that there will be a special part in the program for my brother and I got very teary-eyed. Through out the wedding talk between me and Shela, I felt the strongest prompting from the Holy Spirit to talk with Shela about her health. To me when I felt and reflect on the thought that came to my head, I wasn't sure how to bring this to her because I felt it was too personal. So I pushed it to the side and waited until our conversation about the wedding plans was done. 2 hours later, the prompting came again and I knew I could not ignore it. So as we were sort of finishing up our conversation, I cautiously and kindly asked Shela how is her health. And right there and then she was surprised that I asked her. Not in a bad shocked kind of way, but surprised that someone who did not know her personal struggles, felt the need to kindly ask how she was truly feeling. A rush of emotions came upon her and she began to share her passed health struggles that has put her through many tough times. Times of darkness, depression, anxiety, fear and even close to death. Those emotions has plagued her mind body and spirit. She has great support from her family, however she also felt that they didn't understand her and how she felt. At that moment of listening to her and all the fears and struggles in her life, I knew the Lord wanted Shela to feel his love by my action of showing her much needed compassion and understanding. I had shared my past health issues and struggles with her in helping her understand that fear is a real thing and that striving to stay faithful in God and his son, Jesus Christ, I have overcome many hard obstacles that not many would have succeeded. My thoughts for her was to also comfort and let her know that I am here for her. She's not alone and that the Lord has prepared me to be a light or even an angel to my new sister in law. One of her biggest fear was that her cancer were to come back if she plans to have kids. She wants to be a mom but the fear on her life overwhelming clouded her mind. I expressed to her that the adversary is trying very hard to distract her with her health from getting the proper help she is in need of. One of the suggestions I mention was for her to pray about what she needs to do to find the right help and that I will he happy to go with her in support. She really liked that idea and thanked me for my willingness to be there for her. Many tears was expressed and she felt so much lighter from the weight of stress and fear she's been feeling for years.

 As we continue on with our spiritual conversation, my niece Alema felt so strongly to express what she felt by the Holy Spirit. She told Shela that even though she doesn't know her well but felt the Holy Spirit proper to say that Shela will See her children in this life and that to heed the counsel that Aunty Jay(meaning me) has expressed to her. More tears came flowing down all of our eyes that we couldn't denied the spirit of the Lord in that living room. Shela expressed many more thoughts and feelings about the past and the hopeful future, I felt another strong feeling that I wasn't sure what I was feeling. Then suddenly I hear a gentle, kind male voice saying James about 3 times. I also felt young presence as well. Next thing I knew I hear a young, child like voice saying, "Hi Mommy!" At first I thought it was the spirit of my children coming to visit me, but it didn't felt like it was them. Again I heard the voice say it a few more times but the last phrase was "look at my Mommy she's so beautiful." I smiled and quickly was startled by the voice came closer to me saying " Hi Aunty!" I knew the little voice was Shela and Henry's children. When I mention the name James to Shela she was confused but then she thought of a missionary named Elder James who passed away after they served together in Indonesia a few years ago. As she was sharing her story about this missionary, I heard the same gentle male voice saying, "she has a beautiful smile. Congratulations!" Then I hear my nephew's voice saying, he was looking for mommy and couldn't find her, so we brought him to mommy." I was shocked about that because I thought that was so adorable for her children to bring a friend to see their mom. As I was listening to Shela talking more about her mission at the same time listening to my nephew and this male spirit that I figure it was Elder James. My heart was filled with joy that I was trying my best to not make it weird or uncomfortable to Shela by mentioning the good spirits that was in the room. But a thought came to my head saying "she needs to know and I will be here with you." I thanked the Lord for his tender mercies on me that I could be an instrument on both sides of the veil to communicate when the Lord sees fit. At this moment I gently mention to Shela about the male spirit that said the name of James and what he said to me. She began to tear up and was amazed that he came to visit her. Then I mentioned her children and she began to cry.  Surprised to know that even her children was with her brought joy to her as she had expressed it to me. I explained to her that I'm not trying to be a spiritual guru or medium, but when the Lord opens the spiritual veil from me, I will not deny or ignore what he would like for me to say or do. Not a dry eye was in this room and it was at time overwhelming. My nephew came again to me and told me that his name was also James like Elder James but to call him Little James. I mentioned that to Shela and she was thrilled about it since she has always liked the name James. The funny part of me mentioning the name James, my nephew corrected me and said his name was Little James. I chuckled by that and so I relayed it to Shela which she also giggled about it. Soon the spirits of my nephews and Elder James left that we began to talk more about the gospel.

This is where we bore our testimony of the gospel and shared our thoughts and experience we had in our lived dealing with the church, missionary work and family. The amazing thing about the experience with Shela that she share her experience as a missionary going a bit later then the usual sister missionary age. She went at the age of 24, which is the same age as Alema. One of many things that Lema felt was it worth going at this later part of her young life. Or will she fit in and do the work right. I am thankful for my amazing sister in law for giving wonderful advice to Lema that can help her when she leaves in 2 months to Africa. The Lord was gracious to each of us at this particular moment in our lives by coming together and sharing the experiences of life to each other. To be strong, loving and helpful women of God. Glory to God for this moment. I pray that he will bless me with more of these wonderful spiritual moments like these and to listen to the Holy Spirit. I hope to always be worthy of the Holy Spirit to be a part of his work now and forever. May this experience help you, whoever reads this. That it may bless and guide you to God in finding peace and comfort in your life. Be safe and have a wonderful day or night, wherever you may be.

You May Also Like

0 Comments