An unexpected blessing

by - February 04, 2024

 


Today was a typical Sabbath day, for me it was. I got up early to get ready and Mika was still asleep. As I woke him up he was feeling a bit under the weather. The day before he was a bit feverish and so I made sure he ate, took some medication and was rested. But this morning he was struggling. I told him if he wasn't feeling well just to stay home. Going to church for me was important, but for mika health I didn't want him to push himself to go. He hesitated for a moment, but for some odd reason, he felt the need to get up for church. And so he did. We got ready and headed to our ward. Once we got to church, Mika was sustain as a High Councilman for the Stake, since he was release 2 weeks ago as the 1st counselor of the Bishopric. As sacrament meeting continued, the new 1st counselor of the Bishopric announced new members in our ward. And to my surprise, my brother's name was called and I saw him stand up in the back row. My heart was happy that my brother will be joining our small ward. I waved to him to come and sit by me since Mika was helping out with the Sacrament. The Holy Spirit was filling my heart with much joy today and I enjoyed every moment of it, even during Sunday school class. Once church was over, Mika, myself and Henry was on our way out of the building to head home. When Mika's older cousin, Ella approached us wanting to speak to Mika. She expressed that this past Thursday at our Tongan Stake Temple Night at the Jordan River Temple. A fragile Caucasian woman attended the Tongan session and spoke to Ella. The woman share how she has been dealing with a tons of heart ships and health issues that she was giving up on hope in her life. She also felt the need to attend the Tongan session even though she did not speak the language. The woman expressed to Ella how she wish that she could get a hold of a man's family who had blessed and healed her many years ago. Ella asked her the name of the man she was talking about. The women said " Iohani Wolfgramm". To Ella's surprise, she said that the man was her uncle. The woman lighted up and expressed how desperately she was trying to find any relatives of Iohani in hoping to find one of his posterity who had the power of healing. Ella knew right away who can help this woman, her nephew, Mika. She retrieved the woman's number and Ella expressed to her that she will give her number to her nephew and he will get in contact with her. That is when Ella shared that story with us at church today. Mika took the woman's number from Ella and said that he will get a hold of her today. As we departed to go home, in the car Mika felt unsure if he was the right person to give this woman a Priesthood Blessing. I expressed to him that if it wasn't meant to be, Ella would have not given him the number or even met the woman at the Temple. There is a rhyme and reason for everything. He then thought for a moment and share something that was profound in many ways, spiritually. 

During our temple shift this past Friday, February 2. A ordinance worker from the previous shift was on his was to the men's dressing room to leave for the day. He came across Mika and saw his name badge, the last name Wolfgramm. He approach Mika and asked him if he knew an older gentleman who blessed and healed people. Mika told him that the man was his grandfather, who have passed away 27 years ago. The ordinance worker expressed to Mika how much he admire his grandfather and read many of his miracle stories. Mika smiled and thanked him for his compliment and began to make his way to his shift prayer meeting. At that time, Mika paid no mind to that moment and went on his way for his shift. Later on the day, Mika was approached by another man, who was on his way to do a Endowment session. He to saw Mika's name and asked him if he was related to Maikeli Wolfgramm. Mika told the man that was his father. The man expressed to Mika that he was healed by his father and went on a few blessing visits to many people who needed to be healed. At that moment, Mika remember him and asked if his name was Brother Romero. He smiled and said he was. Brother Romero wanted to give Mika a hug because when he saw Mika from afar, he thought he saw his friend Maikeli. He also expressed how much of a blessing Mika's father was to him and missed him dearly. Brother Romero was so happy to know that his good friend's son works at the temple just like he did. 

When Mika share those two stories to me in the car drive home, I also told him that I met Brother Romero on the second floor as he was on his way to the Chapel. He came up to me and asked if I had a husband working here in the Temple and I said that I did. He smiled and said that he was friends with Maikeli and that he was very happy to have seen Mika and me. Even though I did not met him before, but I did know of a brethren who went together with Mika's dad to give blessing years ago. When I asked if he was Brother Romero, He lit up and was over joyed that I knew who he was. As we hugged, he told me that he very proud and happy to know that we work in the temple for the Lord. And he went his way to the session. As Mika and I both looked at each other and reflecting on what we have shared, we totally knew that this was a witness that the Lord's hand was in the details of preparing Mika to be in contact with the woman. There is no way that 2-3 moments in one day, meeting with people who either knew or heard about Mika's patriarchs and their faith in the priesthood power, healings and miracles. That is no coincidence, but spiritual intervention. When we arrived home, I changed into comfy clothes, while Mika sat in the recliner, thinking. As he was sitting, he asked me if he should called the lady who needs a blessing. I told him that if the Lord needed him to help this lady, then he should be of service and don't hesitate. There was a reason for him to have met 2 guys who mentioned his grandfather and father at the temple and also for his aunt to have met the woman in need at the temple as well and to have thought of you to help her. The Lord made it possible for you to get in touch of this women and you need to follow up with it and don't doubt yourself. I expressed to him that I know that he is second guessing himself and feeling inadequate to give a priesthood blessing of healing. He shared with me that he does felt it but that it is not so much that he don't have faith, its the fact that he don't want others to think that he is trying to be like his grandfather and father. Which he isn't. He feel like he isn't good or worthy to do this task, because its something spiritual. But he also know that the adversary is trying his best to distract him from doing what the Lord needs him to do. At that moment, I said a personal prayer in my mind, while he was talking. Hoping for spiritual strength, comfort and peace from God. Especially in Gods help for Mika and that his holy angels will guide him in this unsual task. After my prayer, Mika felt prompted to call this lady and see how he could be of help. He made the call, talked with the woman and scheduled to visit her home today around 2pm. She didn't live to far from us and he headed there after I ate lunch, Mika was not hungry plus he was a bit nervous. 


Ronald Stevens (Margie's husband)

We arrived at the woman's home and she embrace us like we were family. She introduced herself as Margie Steven's and Mika introduced himself again and also me, his wife. Margie was so overjoyed to have Mika in her home, she started to cry. Sharing her love and appreciation for his grandfather, Iohani, she couldn't believe the long wait to have one of his posterity present. She shared a few wonderful moments of how she met Iohani, the healing blessing she received from him and a few of her family members. Margie told us that she was looking for Iohanis family for many years but no luck. She also shared how her life was turned upside down when one of her sons suddenly died 3 years ago and she was devastated by that death. About 2 years later, Margie's husband passed away. Soon after his passing, her health started to decline, especially her lungs. She felt that every daily of every year, there was something traumatic happening and it like there is no end to it. So her hope of being happy and living well seems impossible to achieve. Until last week, she was writing in her journal and she was feeling really depressed. The name of Iohani came to her, which to her surprise she haven't thought of that name in years. That is when she felt to go to the temple and join the Tongan session. To where she met Ella. And that is where this moment came to play for us being at her home. After a few more awesome conversation, Mika was ready to give her a blessing. I brought out my phone to record the blessing upon the request of Margie. She wanted to rehear the blessing just for memory sake.

 Margie had a chair ready, she sat down and that is when I felt an over whelming feeling came over me, as if someone opened the door and let the cold windy air enter into the room.  The room felt as though there were more people in it then the three of us. I could feel the Lord's love surrounding us with the spirits of her loved one and also Mika's. My eyes were filled with tears because of the light and love of God around me. Mika gave a beautiful blessing to Margie that would make his grandfather and father proud. A simple and powerful blessing that I haven't heard Mika to ever give. I knew right there and then that the spirit of the Lord was with him and blessing his mind and mouth to relay the message of love and comfort that Margie needed to hear. Once he was done giving the blessing, Margie quickly got up and hug Mika as she thanked him multiple times for using the power of the priesthood to help her remember God's love for her. We all embrace one another and said our goodbyes. 

I am thankful that the had lead us to this wonderful woman of great faith and love in the Lord. Whatever the Lord has in store for her I know that she will be well and have joy once again. One day Mika and I will reflect back on this very moment as the beginning of our journey in being a blessing to God's children.




You May Also Like

0 Comments