1st BoxyCharm experience!!

by - May 04, 2017


Its not everyday that you stumble upon something interesting, especially when it deals with testing products for a decent price!?! I came across the name BoxyCharm about 3 months ago, browsing through online makeup tutorial and beauty care. It drawn my attention when I saw a review about a monthly box she from Boxy Charm that send her full size Beauty, Makeup, Hair and Skincare products. The review said great things about each products she got from the subscription box and she also express her found experience with Boxy Charm. So I wanted to do a little more research on the company and see the Pro's and Con's about it. And this is what I found out.


Boxy Charm is a company that wanted makeup & beauty enthusiasts to have an experience with quality beauty brands with a subscription of your choice. Each month they will send you 4 to 5 full size products that you can test, express and review. You can follow them on social media, watch other beauty tutorials by Charmers (as they call those who are subscribers to Boxy Charm) and get exclusive offers, giveaways that can be very beneficial to whomever participates and win. Thats the cool pro side about it. But of course there are Con's to anything great. There were many subscribers who weren't happy with their box, because every month there is something new and surprising, and many didn't like what they got or on some occasions a few items were damaged with no replacement by the company. Also a few people complained about customer service is slow and lacking. I know there are many people out there who will judge something or someone very quickly just by what other people would say negatively. I don't! Why? Because there is ALWAYS 2 SIDES OF THE STORY!! Even though I saw more negative comments about this brand than positive, i wanted to give BoxyCharm a try any ways. So thats what I did. I signed up and received an email telling me that there is a waiting list and I'm on it. I wasn't surprise or bothered by it cause its popular and in high demand. i put that email on the side and continue on with my life.


About a month went by and I was checking my email and low and behold I received an exciting email from Boxy Charm saying that I was off the waiting the list, that my account will charged and another email will be sent to me about my box and when I will receive it. Now 2 weeks went by and waiting anxiously for this box, I had no expectations of it because i didn't want to set myself up to be disappointed. Than that day finally came, my Boxy Charm box arrived. I jumped up and down like I won the lottery and quickly got that baby open. To my surprise those products glow like sun as i opened it up and gasp for air. I received the Measurable Difference 16 Color Concealer Collection, OFRA Cosmetics Rodeo Drive Highlighter, PÚR beauty sponges, Allegory story Plato's Cave big gloss and Project Beauty Hairgurt smoothing yogurt Shampoo. Each product looked beautiful and smelt beautiful. I swatch the highlighter, the concealers, and the lip gloss on my arm to see how it felt and how it blends. I notice the concealers were a bit thick but as i added a drop of beauty oil it felt more smooth on my skin. Plato's cave lip gloss looks amazing on my lips. Its a nice neutral and pinky tone. Using the Rodeo drive OFRA highlighter with my makeup and i have to say I looked stunning or should I say blinding! Oh the beauty sponges are soft and awesome as i used it to blend my foundation out. I thought it would soak up the foundation but it didn't soak up too much, just enough. To get the full effect of the sponges, make sure to damp it and than use it. Now the yogurt shampoo set nice and I gave it a try the same night that I got the box. And boy it felt nice during and after the wash. The thickness sort of threw me off, but it also felt like some of the other high end quality salon shampoos I've used. With my dry hair, the Hairgurt really hydrated my hair and gave some softness to it. After using all the products from this months BoxyCharm box for the past few weeks I have to say that its totally worth the $21.00 subscription i pay monthly and it made a great difference for my new beauty experience. Give it a try and you will see how awesome this it and its totally worth it.



You May Also Like

0 Comments