A scary moment in my life

by - December 20, 2018


Life is full of surprises and I know that to be true. I've experienced it tonight. Right now I'm a bit shaken up still and its honestly hard to focus. Why I'm having a bit of a hard time writing is because I was in a car accident just a few hours ago. Yes a freaking car accident. This is my first experience and I thought that my life was over but it wasn't. How it all  started was due to a young lady who was not paying attention on the road, ran a Red light and hit 2 people who had the right away to go. I was on my way home from doing a catering job in down town Salt Lake City with my friend Mike. We took a route that we usually don't go through after work and traffic was normal with the side note that Mike really had to use the bathroom.😆 Even though he had to go, he's usually a safe and cautious driver. So we continue to drive a long 500 east heading back to the kitchen. As we came near 800 south intersection, we were behind a white car  waiting to drive through since it was a green light. The white car finally made the turn and we started to drive on through the intersection, when on the corner of my eye I notice a dark vehicle wasn't stopping and kept on driving through the their light coming towards us. Mike, who was driving did not see it at first until I said" Oh my gosh! Mike!?! He saw it coming straight to us on the left side and he couldn't do anything to get out of the way. That's when I closed my eyes so tight waiting for the impact, when I suddenly heard a voice say "Brace yourself!" and then BOOM! We were struck as if we were hit by a recking ball. The dark car hit us so hard I felt the car swerve severely. I opened my eyes slightly, just to see what I could. Debris flying everywhere and with the impact of the hit I noticed the car leaning on my side as if it was on 2 tires about to roll onto in coming traffic. I closed my eyes again thinking that the van was about to roll on my side and crush me into the pavement. But then I felt a slight halt as if something stopped the van from falling on my side of the car for just a moment and pushed it away from traffic back on all 4 tires and it rolled into the intersection corner of a small brick wall. When the van hit the wall which happened to be on my side, I felt an extreme sharp pain on my left side stomach right after we came to a complete halt.🤯😱😠 Honestly for a moment I forgot that I felt that pain but it came back to me after I started to breath calmly again. I tried to catch my breath but my first worry was not myself but for Mike. Since the car ran into us on the driver side, my first reaction was to check on Mike, to see if he's injured, bleeding or unconscious. Without hesitation I kept asking Mike if he's OK, can he breath, can move, and if he's in a lot of pain. I heard him moan of pain and trying to breath. Then he painfully said call 911, call my mom. I quickly looked around to see where have my phone fell to. I found it facing down in front of me not broken or cracked. Oh thank goodness I thought to myself. I quickly tried to unlock my phone and called 911. Waiting for the operator was not long. The dispatch answered and I told her that I was in a car accident. She stayed on the line with me asking me if I was hurt and if I know anyone else that is hurt. I told her that I was having hard time breathing and I feel an extreme sharp pain on my lift side. As the conversation progress on, I gave her the location of where the accident occurred, I expressed to her that the person who hit us ran a red light because we had the right away to go on green. She said to give all the information I had given to her to share it with the officer when he arrives. During my conversation with the dispatch, I made sure mike was breathing ok, inspect him to see if I notice any injuries, got out of the car to see the aftermath of this horrific experience. I soon called Mika and told him that I was in a car accident and if he could come to where I was at. The shock in his voice calm but I knew he was worried. He told me he will be on his way. After I hanged up with him, I then realize that he cant get to me because I drove the car to the kitchen this morning. He realized that too and called me up right away and told me that he will call Mike's mom to pick him up. I walked over to the van and Mike said to me that his mom is going to pick up Mika to come and get some of the catering equipment out of the van and transfer it to his car and lei's. A few moments after my call with Mika and talking to Mike, Lei drove to the side of where the van was and checked to see if me and Mike was ok. She stayed by Mike to make sure he's doing ok. Let's just say my mind was running non stop about what just happened. I looked at the van that I was in and looked at the other car that hit us, and seeing the huge mess it caused. It was chaotic!😱 But a miracle.😇 People started to gather around the van, asking me and mike if we are ok. I notice a white women walking with young lady or should I say a teenager, away from the wreckage which I figured out that the young girl was the driver that hit us. She look shaken up and the other older lady who looks like she was in her late 40's early 50's was comforting her as they walked towards the area I was standing at. The lady shortly asked me if I was ok and I said I'm in pain but just shaken up. After that moment I was pacing back and forth around the van and onto the pavement just waiting for the cops to come. Soon my anger started to boil inside of me when I notice the girl who caused the accident was crying, my first thought was that this dumb girl ran the red light because she was probably texting and driving.🤬 But as I was getting angry, I felt a sense of calmness come over me as if someone on the other side of the veil knew if my anger get the best of me I will cause more damage to her than this car wreck. My adrenalin was going off the wall through it all and I didn't realize it. How I knew it was going a bit crazy its because I was be walking around checking to see what other damage happened and to see if Mike can get out of the van and thinking the worst if I didn't had my seat belt on and not really paying attention to see if I had any injuries I didn't pay attention too before My heart sank just looking at where we were before the accident to where we ended up. I was glad that both Mike and I didn't have any obvious wounds just sore muscles everywhere. So I went back into the van, checked on again Mike and he was trying to find his glasses. He didn't want to move because he was worried that he was going to step on his glasses. The crazy thing is as we were looking for his glasses in the car, I thought to my self, Wow! what a way to start the Christmas weekend. Bad enough Mike was supposed to leave right after we were done with catering, to spend Christmas with his family in Vegas. I thank God that we booth came out of this unhurt. Finally the firefighters and cops came and started to block off the area and came to check on me and Mike. I was approached by one of the main EM T's and he started asking me questions and checking to see if there was any problems and pain I was feeling. I told him the I was the passenger and if they could check on my friend in the van. They checked on Mike and asked him a few questions. From then on, I didn't really pay attention to anything else because I was trying to stay calm, answering their many questions, and allowing them to inspect me to make a professional and medical observation on my situation. For a good moment the main EM T guy was having a hard time finding a pulse. I kind of giggled to myself a bit because all I could think of was that my flabby arms has too much fat and doesn't want to give a pulse.🤣 He notice my blood pressure was scary high and that my side pain was worrisome. So he told me that if I want I can go home but that he recommend that I get check to make sure I have no internal bleeding or broken bones since I just got into a wreck. I didn't argue or made a fuss, I agree because I rather be sure that I'm fine than just think I'm ok and suffer more damages later. They were very friendly and helpful to me and Mike. I went into the ambulance because I wanted to check my ribs and make sure I don't have a concussion. Mike told the EMT guys that he's ok and didn't wanted to go to the hospital. But later after they had him sign a waver, he changed his mind and went to the hospital to get checked because he was feeling a lot of pain in leg & chest. Mika arrived right when they were getting me strapped up in the ambulance bed. He was making sure that I wasn't too badly hurt. I assured him that I was ok but feeling a lot of pain on my left ribs. Only me can crack little jokes here and there to get my mind off from the pain and the accident.😏 Its better to be optimistic then so serious! The EM T's finally got me into the ambulance to head over to the hospital. What a bunch of friendly guys. 🤗 I give them tons of props for doing what they do. It's not an easy job. Mika said goodbye to me as I was about to leave to the hospital and he needed to get our car from the kitchen to meet me afterwards.
Okay I don't know how many of you had ride in the ambulance and I don't know how many of you had a comfortable ride but dang that ride was HORRIBLE for me.😱 It felt like he was trying to hit every pot hole and go through every bumps in the road so that I can feel everything!😵 I wanted to punch him in the face because I ribs and body was in so much pain!🤬 The worst car ride ever in my life!?! I was so happy to finally reach the hospital. Even though I was irritated inside, I still thank him for getting me to the hospital safely. The emergency was packed and very busy at the University of Utah. When they rolled me in they had a room ready for me, which I was really happy because I wasn't sure if i would be waiting for some time just to get into a room. But I got in and my nurse Becca was ready and waiting for me. She was awesome and very friendly. Becca made my stay very comfortable and relaxing.😊 She even got me some treats as I waited for the Doctor to insect my situation. My family knows how much I hate hospitals. Because they know that a big chunk of my life was living in a hospital.🤕 So I know how it is and what to expect from a  crazy busy line of work. But the staff at this hospital was phenomenal and very prompt to getting things done.🤩 As I was at the ER, my brother Henry and Mika came and meet up with me to see how I was doing. I could tell that my brother was very upset that I was in a car accident not that it was my fault but that it was done my a young girl who made the wrong choice to get distracted and hurt people who could of ended up dead.🤬 The nurses expressed to both of them that I need to get an x-ray and CT scan to take precaution for any issues that could occur internally. They put a neck brace on me because my neck and spin was sore and I was feeling numb through my whole lift side of my body. That neck brace is so uncomfortable I was praying for the results to come back so I can take it off!😵
It took a while to get everything checked, but I'm glad that it was nothing serious. the doctor told me that there was no broken bones or internal bleeding only bruising and inflammation from the impact around my left side of my body. He told me to take some ibuprofen and rest as much as possible. Because usually after a car accident the aftermaths are usually more painful the when it first happened. I thanked him and the staff for helping me through the night. Mika and I went home and now I'm trying to rest and get comfortable because right now I'm so sore that it hurts just typing on the laptop. God is good and it was a miracle that I left a horrible scene unscathed but bruised. 😇There is a purpose for me and I'm going to do my best to stay close to the Lord and strengthen my faith even more. Don't take things for granted. You will never know when your time or your loved ones time will come to return back home to our Heavenly Father. Time is short to have hate, grudges, anger, negativity in your life. Forgive, love, live and be happy. I know I must be grateful and full of love to everyone. God bless you all and have a safe, fun and wonderful Christmas! 


the other car that hit us

You May Also Like

0 Comments