Sister Nadira Tupuola Email #8

by - October 09, 2017

It's been almost 3 months since I've been out on my mission!! Man...time flies!
I feel like I have definitely changed a lot being here but I am still very quiet and shy. I think that is something that will take a while to overcome. It still scares me to go up to people but I feel like I have gained more confidence! When I am talking to someone, the feeling of fear goes away...I have learned that being scared and fearful comes from Satan. So the hardest part for me is going up to the person rather than talking to them. But as I would talk to them...I feel the spirit comfort me. The people here are really nice, even if they are not interested in our message...most of them just like to talk haha. I've learned a lot from my companion because she is really good at starting conversations.
CAROL YOUNG
So we knocked on a door and an old lady opened the door. She asked us who we were. We told her we were the missionaries from the church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints. We asked her if she would be interested in hearing a message about Jesus Christ. She kindly said no thanks. She then offered us to come in her home and warm up a little bit because she saw that we looked cold. ( we were haha) We got to talk to her a little bit more. While she was showing us pictures on her wall I slipped a Book of Mormon on her table! lol After we had left she comes out and yells, "You forgot your book!" We just pretended we didn't hear her,,waved goodbye and booked it to the car. hahhaha Atleast we got the book of mormon in her home! We pray that she will one day open it up and read it!
GILBERT (former Satan Worshipper)
We finally got to meet with Gilbert again! We really got to know more about him. We felt inspired to teach him about Repentance and the Atonement of Jesus Christ. He struggles with Drinking and smoking. And he doesnt like being in the light. (He hates the sun so he wears sunglasses and a hoodie all the time) The spirit was strong as we talked about the Atonement. He said he likes meeting with us because he has seen a difference in his life. He told us how he doesn't have that feeling to hurt people anymore! haha He said he used to want to punch random people as they walk down the road. lol I really love him! He has progressed so much from the last time we met with him. He was able to come with us to Stake Conference yesterday! He told us he would continue to come to church!
HANNA FAMILY (Native American)
We have been working a lot with the Hanna family! The little kids, Maici and Mikia love when we come over because we always bring them candy. We have gained a lot of the parents trust! Our goal this week is to get them to come to church with us! They have started reading the Book of Mormon and they really like it. They said it is hard to understand the words so me and my companion are going to read it with them to help them understand it better. They are an awesome family! They are really funny and loving!
this has probably been my favorite week! I can't wait to see more miracles! I thank the Lord everyday for helping me..and I am thankful for all of you for the love and support! 
Until next week!

Sister Tupuola

You May Also Like

0 Comments