Family Video Chat

by - November 02, 2017


It's interesting how the Lord works in mysterious ways. Really mysterious ways!?!
It has been about 4 1/2 years since my little sister Jerica, Henry, Juanita and I actually talked to each other. Nita and Henry lives here in Utah close to me, and we still talk to one another, but its with my little sister Jerica that we hadn't communicated since Mom's death. There were many things that happened between us 4 that wasn't in good standing that eventually lead into no communications for sometime. Honestly the heavens and my Mom on the other side of the veil worked very hard on us to finally come together and talked for almost 2 hours. It was full of laughter and just catching up on our lives like as if nothing had happened between us. Thank you Mom for working your unbelievable magic to bring us together as a family. I've been praying for years that something like this would happen for us to communicate, which has been well worth the wait. I had a wonderful time talking to my nieces Jerina and Evelina. I thought they wouldn't know who we were, but I guess I was wrong.
 I know my Mom has been with my nieces everyday of their lives to help them remember and know who we were. Thanks Mom!
A touching moment happened to me as we had our conference call with my little sister in Hawaii. My eldest niece Jerina was telling my sister Juanita and I about school and her friend who is a boy, who she really like. Not in a crush type of way but she likes that he is very nice to her and he helped her in school. I love those moments with my nieces, just letting them talk and express their feelings about their little lives. But this is when that special and touching moment happened right after she told us about her life. I asked Jerina what she wanted for Christmas, and thats when my heart dropped. She told me, "I want my Aunties and Uncles for Christmas! I want to see you all. Can you come down and visit me for Christmas?". How could I reply to that? I tried not to cry on the phone but I held it back and responded to her by expressing my love for her and her sister and telling her that I'll see what I can do come to Hawaii for Christmas. My sister Juanita was touched by her response since we both thought that she wouldn't even remember us or even want to see us. It's pretty tough for me to think about what she said. Because I've always thought about them everyday and how they're doing. What they are like and things like that. But I really couldn't do much because of our family situation. So as I sit here blogging about it, I'm wondering if this is what the Lord wanted Juanita and I to hear. Or if this the impression that Juanita had earlier today to call this sister of ours to break the wall that was between us and mend the broken hearts that we had, especially my niece Jerina. To me if thats the case, its a miracle that it happened and that it opened my mind even more. I don't know what else it could be but I'm glad that it finally happened.
It was a joy to be able to feel the love and joy, as we saw each other through video and communicate as a family. Mom would be so proud of us right now, slowly coming together as a family and doing our best to get involve in our nieces lives too. Families aren't perfect. Theres always imperfection and disfunction, but coming together and putting away pride and hurt feelings can change lives and make things a bit better than it was before. Even though this was the first successful phone call its just the start a new beginning. I pray that the Lord will continue to heal our hearts and minds that we can be better adults, siblings, aunts and uncles to our sweet little nieces.
Thank you Lord again for this first step of forgiveness.

You May Also Like

0 Comments