A package for Sister Nadira Tupuola!

by - November 28, 2017

When I received Nadira's letter a few days ago, she asked me if I could send her a Book of Mormon study guide book to help her understand the Book of Mormon a bit more. My heart was excited to help. Today Mika and I went out to find a few things that would help her. I prayed constantly to know by the Holy Spirit if there is anything else that she would need in helping her on her mission. The feeling of winter clothes for PDays was the first thought in my mind. As Mika and I went to Walmart tonight, I walked around looking to see if anything catches my eyes to add into Dira's box. Buy warm socks and sweat pants came to mind. I wanted to make sure I got the right size. So I called the only person who knows Dira best, her mom Jenny. As I talked with her, my thoughts were to ask Jenny if Dira had any sweat pants to keep her warm for the winter. She said no and kindly told me that it would be great for her to have during these chilly days. It's been really cold and snowy in Spring Creek, so getting her warm sweat pants will definitely keep her nice and toasty this winter. I than asked for her size and she said Medium or large. I thought perfect because those were the sizes I grabbed off the shelf. Recently Dira told her mom that she gained about 15 pounds on her mission, because they've been fed really well. I was very happy to hear that Dira has been taken care of by the wonderful members of Spring Creek. Being the caring and worrysome lady that I am, I bought one of each, just to make sure it fits right and comfortably for her.
I prayed again after I talked with Jenny, asking for more help and inspirations. Than it hit me, the thought of get Dira more writing materials.
I rushed to the stationary area to get paper, envelops, pens, pencils and sticky notes for her studies. The feeling was good and I was very happy with the items I got. Mika and I also stopped at Deseret Books to see if there is anything else I could get for Dira. I grabbed the seminary Book of Mormon study guide to add to the other Book of Mormon church books I already had at home to help her in her studies. The more I walked around the store the more I was feeling excited to put this package together for Sister Tupuola. Now I know how my mom felt whenever she would put a package together for my brother and cousins when they were serving a mission. 
I love that feeling of helping someone I know. My heart is over joyed right now. We finally arrived home and I began putting everything together for Dira. I had a few candies in my snack container and thought about making a little Holiday treat bag for Dira and Sister Merrick. I hope they'll like it. I got it all boxed up and ready to go. This has been one of my favorite moment, to do a little something for a loved one. I pray all is well for my niece and that the angels will protect her and this box as it goes out to Nevada tomorrow. Thank you Lord for this opportunity and blessing.

Have a great day everyone!!

Jay

You May Also Like

0 Comments