Sister Nadira Tupuola Email #13

by - November 20, 2017

Hello Family! I've hit my 4 month mark! Time is going by TOO fast! I am seriously loving every second of it! I love my companion Sister Merrick! We are having so much fun together! We love to joke around with each other! haha She likes to lock me out of the car so I suffer in the cold! And she almost hit me with the car because she tried to drive away! lol but its all goood Im still alive! She likes to sleep walk during the night its pretty funny!. The other night she woke me up at 2:30am and told me to get up and get ready because it was 6:30! haha I got up and then realized it wasnt 6:30! haha It was only 2:30am!!! haha  We laughed and then went back to sleep.


This week we had many lessons with Less active families. I love getting to know the people here in Spring Creek! Or shall I say Spring Crick haha thats how everyone says it here. Its kinda annoying like noooo its Spring CrEEEk. lol 


We met a less active family, the Browns. They are so awesome! The mother, Rose, is a DJ and she also rides a motorcycle! She let me sit on her bike!, haha but yeahh she doesn't come to church anymore because of some of the people in the ward. I;ve noticed thats the main reason why people become less active. Everyone somehow gets offended. Its sad. But they are a cool family! They have strong testimonies but just don't come to church. 
Funny moment.

So my companion and I were walking when we decided to go knock on a door. A little 4 year old boy answers. As he was opening the door, you can here a woman in the background saying "no, no, no!" haha the little boy says "mom two peoples here!" We waited a while, the little boy just stares at us,,,we then asked "Is your mom home?" He said yes and then you can hear the mother say,,"Close the door!" hahaha the little boy then says, "mommy not here" then he closes the door. lol it was so funny!! man people crack me up. 

Wierd feeling
It was 7:30 at night, pitch black. We didn't have any set appointments so we were trying to figure out who to go to visit. Most of the houses were dark and had no lights on. We both had this wierd feeling,,like a scared feeling that came upon us as we drove down a certain home on Cascade Drive. We both couldn't quite firgure out why we were scared. We pulled over and said a prayer. After the prayer, we weren't exactly scared but the feeling we had just wasn't right. Every where we went, this feeling just wouldn't leave. So we both decided to go home and call it a night. We are not supposed to go home until 9pm but We had a stong feeling that we should go home. 

Jack Martindale
We had an active member lesson with Jack (12 years old) and his mother. They are awesome! We talked about the Restoration of the gospel and after we had our lesson, Jack told us that he has been questioning whether he should serve a mission. But after the lesson we had with him, he said he is going to go for sure! #miracle

Fire Spinning
Last week we ate dinner at a less actives home. The Fordins. We were able to witness their son spin fire who is not a member of the church! He was really good!

Gratitude!
Since this week is Thanksgiving, I have been studying a lot on Gratitude. I learned that being thankful or grateful for things is different than having gratitude. Gratitude is an action word. it is when we show how thankful we are. Its easy to say things, but actions speak louder than words. If we love God and are thankful for him, we should show him that we really thankful by serving him. It reminded me of a scripture in Mosiah 2:17, by serving others, we are serving God. 

I am very grateful for these experiences I have here on my mission and the things that I am learning. I am very grateful for this gospel and for all of you who support and love me! I am also thankful for the food that I have to eat! haha Ive realized that I worry about eating too much!  But what a blessing that is that I have too much to eat! When there are people who worry about not having any food to eat. haha well anyways my goal for this holiday season is to be grateful for everything that I have.and also to find ways to serve someone everyday. I hope that all of you can find ways to serve and lift someone up this season! 


Love Sister T

You May Also Like

0 Comments