Meeting Russell Peters

by - November 11, 2017

Tonight Mika, myself, Mika's sister Moana and her husband Junior went on a quick double date to watch an amazing comedian, Russell Peters. It was a fantastic evening full of uncontrollable laughter and good food. I truly enjoyed every moment of his performance. He's so smooth with his jokes, to his persona and even connecting with the crowd. Its so natural for him. Not a single moment went on without Russell making a quick snark joke about his Indian people, how they are, the culture differences with western society and talking in their accent to give the audience the shear glimpse of what his childhood life was like. It was hilarious. We laughed til we teared up. This is something I truly needed. Pure fun and laughter. We had a few sodas, nachos, buffalo wings and fries to snack while enjoying the first couple of acts. To me this was a perfect outting with my love. But you wonder, how did you meet this known comedian, Russell Peters you say? Thanks to my sister in law Moana. She meet Russell a few years back doing a show in Toronto. There she was introduced to him and became good friends. Years later they meet up again and hung out together with other family members in Los Angeles. Fast forward to a few days ago, she saw my husband facebook post about Russell  performing this weekend and wanted to check to see how long he'll be in town. So she texted him, not sure if the number was actually real and behold it was his number. 😁 He was happy to hear from her and she told him that she would come to see him and watch his show. Within minutes of texting back and forth, he told her that he would hook her up with some tickets. Being the sweet and kind person that she is, she didn't want to be bothersome to him and asking for a ton of tickets, so she just asked for 4. After that was set and done, Moana called my husband up a few days later and asked if he and I would like to join them tonight. Oh man my husband was ecstatic and agreed to go. Mika has been a fan of Russell Peters since 2008 or 2009. We watched many, almost all of his stand up comedy shows. So we knew a bit about him and his performances. It was an exciting moment for my husband and I to finally meet him. When we came to the venue tonight, we got our tickets and we were seated in the back with a really good side view of the stadge. We ordered our food & drinks when Russell's security guard and assistant came to greet us and to inform us that Russell will take care of us tonight and he would also take care of our bill. The funny thing is, we when ordered our snacks we were planning on buying our own not expecting anything. So we were surprised when they kindly told us that. I felt special in a way. That VIP treatment simple kind of way. I didn't look like a celebrity but for that moment I felt like one. After the show we were headed out to leave and then his security guard saw us and told us to come to the back green room where Russell was relaxing. Moana, Junior, Mika and I went in and was greeted with such kindness from Russell. Moana introduced Mika and I to Russell and he welcomed us if we were friends. What a friendly man! We exchange a few words and we hunged out with him just talking about life and other things. We took a few pictures, short video clips and he also went Instagram live to share with his fans what he was doing in the green room as we were chilling in the background. Soon we said our good byes, wished him well on his tour and we left. 
It was a fun and wonderful experience for me. I usually don't meet a lot of celebrities, but when I do its amazing and I'm usually chill about it. I want to thank my amazing sister in law Moana for this wonderful and memorable experience tonight. And also thanks to Russell Peters and his amazing sweet crew for being there for us and making us feel special & important. You guys ROCK!! This is a night to always remember!!






You May Also Like

0 Comments