Watching Star Wars with my Nieces!

by - December 18, 2017

One of the greatest joys that brightens my life is spending some quality time with my nieces. Today Mika was off from work and had an inspiration to take our nieces to watch a movie, Star Wars to be exact. So I contacted Natalia through Instagram to see if her and her sisters are available tonight to see a movie. Without any hesitation, she responded back to me and said they are available and excited to watch it. Once Mika and I were done with our daily errands, we headed up to Highland to pick up our nieces. The traffic was horrible and so it took some time to get to their house. We finally got there and just by the looks of it they were very eager to get out of the house. It made me laugh because whenever my husband and I visit them, they get excited because they know there's going to be some sort of fun and excitement about to happen for them. But of course Mika forgot to buy the tickets earlier for the girls, so we waited for him to get it. We got their tickets and went to the theater to get our tickets with our moviepass. Now we are set to enjoy Star Wars. Anzehla, Natalia and Jayjay were extremely happy to watch Star Wars and to take a break from their daily routine of school and babysitting. I'm glad to help them enjoy just a small moment of life outside of home life. After getting Mika and I movie tickets, we took the girls to eat dinner at Panda Express. I like to make sure whenever we have an outting with my nieces I want to make sure they eat something to keep them full and content throughout the day. We chit chatted while we ate. Had a ton of laughter and enjoyed our time together. We finished dinner and had 2 hours to spare, so we went to the Outlet mall in Lego to walk off our yummy meal. Actually we didn't walk too long because it was way too cold. Instead we walked to Hot Topic, I bought each of them a shirt from the television show Riverdale and stopped at Harkins to grab a snack for the movies. Finally we are standing in line to get into our movie theater and I can feel my girls excitement as we waited. We are in our seats and the movie was about to start. The Star Wars mix is theme starts and now its time to watch the show. Throughout the movie, I would watch their facial expression during the parts I knew they would be shocked or surprised at. I would also look at my husbands face whenever he would see their facial expressions, he would have a big smile knowing that these girls are enjoying the movie. But before the movie started, Mika told me afterwards that this older woman that was sitting next to him saw us sitting in seats getting situated for the movie, told my husband, "Oh wow you have beautiful daughters, you must be very proud!". My husband turn to her and said, "Yes, I'm very proud of them, they are my joy!". I thought that was very sweet of her to say that. But it was nice to also hear my husbands thoughts too. For a moment he actually felt like a Dad. He could stop smiling after that compliment. So back to the movie. There were a lot of dropped jaws, oohs and ahhs, some sniffles and giggles throughout the movie. Finally it was done and they couldnt wait to discuss it with us and share their thoughts. Lets just say this movie was a hit to them. They liked it and really enjoy every moment. I was very happy that they liked it. Now it was that time to take them home....which was one of the sour part of their evening. Hehehe It never seems to amaze me every time this happens. Since they were little they would always be sad or numbed bumbed out that their fun has to end. But I told them we will come back and have another fun night out. We dropped them at home and headed back to Salt Lake. On our way home, I receive a text from Talia and Jayjay thanking us for a fun night. My heart melt and was over joyed to get those messages. Thank you girls for spending time with Me and uncle Mika. We love you and we enjoy seeing y'all smile and have a wonderful time with us. Until next time!!

You May Also Like

0 Comments