Elder Iohani Wolfgramm Email #10

by - November 04, 2018


Elder Iohani Wolfgramm with Mission President Koster & Sister Koster

Magandang Umaga po! Kumusta po kayo mga tao!
 (Good Morning , How are all of you my people? ) 

So my first area is a small city/provincial area called Cogeo in Antipollo city... 
(look it up on Google its so neat!!) 
These first 5 days in the field took some getting used to with the culture especially seeing the way the people live here, like the traffic is insane!! haah I mean there's Jeepneys everywhere Tricycles, taxis, people walking in the middle of the street, kids just wondering around and dog and cats, its such an amazing yet craziest sight to see, definitely a culture shock for sure, but I am loving it... It was very eye opening seeing the living conditions here, houses here are literally smaller than a small kitchen... very humbling , but they still are the happiest people I've ever met.... Ha and its funny because everyone thinks I am Filipino, but when I speak I tell them I am still improving my Tagalog! and my companion, or trainer is fluent Tagalog which helps...  haha the Lord will help with that I know it! But the way of life is different than what I am used to, and my Tagalog is still basic, but my attitude has been very positive I feel, so its just patience I have to go through.... Other than that, Elder Dean from California Blythe area (been out here for 7 months!!) is awesome, he is very helpful and patient with me. 

A spiritual experience I had was I felt the spirit prompt me to talk to a Lady outside, so we did and she wanted us to come give the first lesson right away! now she is one of our people we teach now, I now the Lord directs this work...

I love and pray for all of you, and I know that this Gospel is true...
I knew this sacrifice would be not easy, but I have never relied on the Lord this much.... I need Him so much, especially out here in the field 
Other than that, I love it here, it great! 
Ph and the food is masarap! (Delicious) I actually like Balut, its not bad, and Adobo, Ulam, and rice, rice, and rice!!!

I Love each and all of you! 
Until next Pday!
Elder Dean and Elder Wolfgramm


You May Also Like

0 Comments