Sister Nadira Tupuola Email #33

by - April 23, 2018

Hi Fam! Its been a BUSY week! 

Transfers! 
Transfers was crazy! But I managed to get all my stuff packed in time! We borrowed the Elders car and made our way down to Reno where I met my new companion, Sister Cluff! 
She is from Alpine, Utah! We actually went to the same school, graduated the same year, but I've never seen her! haha and then after we drove down to my new assigned area! 

Jobs Peak Ward/Walker Branch
I LOVE my new area!! So I have a pretty big area. I cover the border of Nevada and California in the cities of Minden, Gardenerville, and Walker. Close to Lake Tahoe! This area is so pretty! It reminds me a lot of Utah. (But cleaner air) We live by the Mountains! Which is something that I've really missed. I was able to go to The Jobs Peak ward this past Sunday and Its a huge ward with lots of kids. just like Utah! Everyone is really nice here!! Its really cool to go to different areas because they all have their differences. This is an awesome area and Im glad I have the opportunity to serve here!

Richard.
Richard is an investigator that the missionaries have been teaching since the 90s. He has had a really hard life and has gone to prison several times (he has quite a story). His wife recently got baptized but Richard has some issues to work out still. He is in his 70s and he has been waiting to be baptized his whole life. He loves music and he said he has worked with a lot of Musical artists (Ray Charles, Stevie Wonder..) This Week, he was able to have an interview with our mission president, Pres. Chesnut to see if he can get baptized. Now he is waiting to hear from the First Presidency to see if he can get baptized! It could take up to 2 months. We are excited for him because he has waited so long to get baptized! We will continue to meet with him every week to make sure hes prepared. 

I feel like I haven't had time to breathe this week! this week was so busy. With the responsiblities of being a Sister Training Leader. I have more things to do haha. But its been so fun! I am over the Sisters in Carson City (Sister Murdock and Strausse) and the Sisters in Reno (Sister Tauveli and Ellis). I am excited to get to know each of them and help them with the work.

I am half way done with my mission! I love this gospel so much! And I love love love being a missionary! I am learning so much everyday. Well I hope you all have a GREAT week! 

Love 
Sister Tupuola! 

You May Also Like

0 Comments