Side of Aloha

by - April 14, 2018

Every state there are a few Polynesian style restaurant that has some key elements to make it as authentic as it comes. This past week my niece's in laws and friends opened an Authentic Hawaiian food restaurant in Draper Utah. At first I was a bit unsure since I know so many Local Polynesian style food joints. But deep inside I'm a sucker to try any food place that at least come close to what I grew up in Hawaii. So today my husband Mika and my twin brother Henry went to Draper to check out this location. My sister in Law Jenny and her family also joined us as they wanted to have a simple birthday get together for their grand daughter, my grand niece Ava. Okay to start off with the location, i think its the best location to be. In Draper utah there are so many up and coming food joints and shopping that you can easily find it and enjoy hanging out.
The vibe of this restaurant has that open, calm and relaxing but fun environment to grab some food and chill. Seriously its very chill! As you walk in, you'll be welcomed in with friendly greetings from the staff and cashier. There are many seats both high and low to sit and enjoy your meal. I really love the tree style bark tables. It gave a nice outdoors, sitting by the beach style tables to sit. While you stand in line to order your food, you will enjoy the lovely food aroma that surrounds you like a big hug! There is a big chalk board wall paint menu to choose from. Theres a variety of fresh Ahi or Salmon Poké, other meat options like chicken or beef is on the menu. They have desserts, fun style lemonades and side dishes. My favorite side dish is their Kimchee cucumber. I grew up on it and I really wanted to try it out. Our time came to order, we got the Poké bowl with Olēna style poké, rice, potato salad and cucumber kimchee, a bowl of their popular Furikake chicken and their Poké nachos. We waited not too long for our food, so if you want it fresh it will be FRESH! Now it was time to give it a taste to see if it was good. Wow! Thats the first thing that came to my mind and it was so good. Like it brought me back home to Hawaii at one bite! the cucumber kimchee was spot on with the right texture to the korean spices and it was nicely chilled, which I love when its chilled. The rice had a nice smooth almost sweet taste to it which was nice. The Poké was phenomenal. Perfect balance of sweet and salty and fresh herbs. Chucky cuts of Poké filled my mouth and it was made to perfection. At that very moment, I was 10 years old again back home in Honolulu Hawaii, enjoying some FRESH Poké with my mom and siblings. Now thats when its really an authentic food style that takes you back to your childhood. Not many people can express that about tasting different familiar foods, but for me this place was the winner. Nothing was too dry or overly salty or too sweet or no flavor, it was PERFECT. Sorry if I'm not making sense of things but I can't help it but give this new authentic Hawaiian food restaurant a GOOD RATING! It's a 5 out of 5 in my book!
If youre not a fish eating person, they do have other great for options too. You have to try their Furikake chick it delicious. Overall the food was DELICIOUS AND FANTASTIC! The customer service was wonderful & friendly. The Location and venue was nice and welcoming.
Great food and great location! A MUST VISIT!!

Thank you Uncle Rob, Aunty Rose, Cuzin Chaze & staff for the best Hawaiian hospitality today!
We will be back for some more good grinds!

Tútú Poké Nachos and Olēna Poké Bowl with

Furikake Chicken with Rice, Mac salad and Kimchee Cucumber

Waffle sandwich with Lilikoi sauce

Sweet Lady Poké Bowl

Side Of Aloha
Address: 9263, 541 E 12300 S, Draper, UT 84020

Monday Closed
Tuesday 11AM–7PM
Wednesday 11AM–7PM
Thursday 11AM–7PM
Friday 11AM–7PM
Saturday 11AM–7PM
Sunday 12–3PM

Phone(801) 251-0152
https://www.facebook.com/sideofaloha/

You May Also Like

0 Comments