Feeling the Spirit

by - April 08, 2018

When I feel the Holy Spirit

It's like a feeling of love and warmth from within. Everyone feels the spirit differently and that fine. The Lord want us to feel his love through the Holy spirit that we may understand and know what he wants us to feel at that specific moment in time. 

Today in church, I was very eager to feel the spirit more. Lately I haven't felt the Holy Spirit because I knew my life wasn't in line with God's commandments and standards. So knowing my faults, I've humbled myself and begged for forgiveness. I've fasted and prayed hoping for an answer but there was nothing. Feeling emotionally sad, I turned to the scriptures. So many thoughts and emotions filled my mind as I read the things that the Lord was trying to teach his disciples what is require of them to do or live. Many times as I read the scripture passages, I noticed that I was putting myself in their position and thinking to myself  that the Lord was directly talking to me through the scriptures. Than I started to feel something, not big but something gentle like. Tears began to run down my face as I felt as if the Lord is softly comforting me and letting me know everything will be okay. He was whispering the words to me, "Just come unto me with a humble broken heart". At that moment I knelt in fervant prayer and gave thanks to the all mighty God. Thanking him for giving me so may second chances. And from that moment on I was faithfully and constantly talking to him which lead me to church today.

As I sat in sacrament meeting, I said a silent prayer to God, hoping that I can feel his spirit even more today than before. Honestly I felt unworthy, slightly unsure if the Lord has forgiven me of my sins and transgressions. Again I prayed to the Lord to know if I was worthy to partake of the bread and water. The moment I closed my prayer and said amen in my mind, a strong yet gentle voice said to me, "Daughter, take the sacrament, your sins are forgiven!" I was like whoa did I just heard that correctly? Silly of me wanting to make sure I heard it right, I prayed again to the Lord. And it was a for sure yes. I was happy. I wanted to partake of the sacrament already! That moment would surly come. The sacrament prayer was given and the Priesthood brethren began to pass out it out to the congregation. Soon one of the brethren came to me and I partook of the bread. At that moment when I ate the bread that symbolize something so precious to me, I felt overwhelmed with emotions. 
The feeling of the warmest hugs ever! I began to cry, feeling so much love from something I can't see. I knew it was the Holy Spirit. He was with me and hugging me to the point I felt breathless. That moment of knowing that the Lord heard my prayers felt wonderful. As if he was standing right by me comforting me and embracing me with is glorious love and compassion. I wish that I could describe it more but my words are limited. How can anyone describe a wonderful feeling from something powerful and unseen? You can't! Well I know some people can but I'm not one of them. heheheh 

My moment was precious to me and I will forever cherish it. I pray and hope that many people will seek the love of the lord, the Holy Spirit and his true words of comfort and repentance. In hope that our lives would be filled with joy, happiness and peace. Again I share my love and gratitude to the all mighty, loving God who send his beloved son, Jesus Christ. To sacrifice his life for our sins. What great love he has shown unto me by fulfilling God's purpose for all. I've learned to love more, have more compassion and understanding for all. Because the Lord showed me constant compassion.
May we all gravitate in seeking the Lord's will and purpose, that we may know our purpose in this life. Praise be unto him who has given life and love to me and to all of us. Glory be his forever.


You May Also Like

0 Comments