Sister Nadira Tupuola Email #55

by - September 24, 2018

Another week has passed! To be honest it wasn't the greatest week. We had a hard time trying to find people who were interested. But there was some good moments! 

Don
We met Don about a month ago as we were walking down the street. He was drinking coffee on his porch. We've met with him a couple times now and we've taught him the Plan of Salvation. The message really seemed to interest him and he has expressed his desires a couple times to come to our church and to eventually become a member. He has told us that he wants to keep learning more and that he would like to meet with us regularly. He is an older man in his 70s and lives with his wife and his daughter and granddaughter. They aren't interested but support Don and his decision he has made to meet with us.
He said that he was traveling through Utah when his car broke down at a gas station and a woman stopped to help him out. He found out that she was a mormon and he's been interested in learning what we believe ever since that experience. I am very grateful for that woman! Just by her helping Don at that time made a huge impact on his life! And I don't think she knows it! But Don is super awesome and is really interested in learning about our beliefs. 

Exchanges! 
We went on Exchanges with Sister McCray and Sister Morey who serve up in Dayton. (45 min from our area). We all spent the day in the same area but we split off into different streets trying to find people to teach. I went with SIster McCray who is from Arizona. We came out on the field together. She was my MTC roommate! It was fun being able to serve with her and to see how she's changed since the MTC. After a day of riding our bikes having no luck finding people, we decided to head back to the apartment. But then Sister McCray felt prompted to ride down a certain street. We ended up meeting a woman named Zelda. We caught her as she was about to go inside her home. She had spent the day packing up her house to move to Carson. She is an older lady and its hard for her to get around. She asked us a lot of questions like what are you doing out so late? Why are you riding bikes in dresses? haha but after talking with her for a while she said she could use our help packing. She has been really stressed and then she opened up to us about how her roommate just passed away and her roommates family is sueing her becasue they think she killed her. It was crazy but we ended up giving her a book of mormon and testified of the peace that it brings into our lives. We also gave her a Plan of Salvation pamphlet and scheduled a time to come back to help her pack. It was truly a miracle! 

Richard D
We had a lesson with Richard and his wife and we watched "The Hope of Gods light." Its a mormon message. He loved it and then expressed his feelings about how he has been depressed and frustrated with God because he really wants to get baptized. He asked if we could join him in prayer and he said, "God I love you so so much and I really want to get baptized. I want it so bad. Please let me get baptized before I die." Sister Squire and I started tearing up. It was the most heartfelt prayer we've ever heard. It made me think how blessed I am to be baptized and to be able to make those covenants with my heavenly father. I look up to Richard so much. 

Patty 
Patty came to church this week with her daughter and her daughters friend who is not a member! She is doing good. She still has some hurt feelings about us calling off her baptismal date. but she is slowly coming at peace with it. We are still trying to work with her to help her overcome drinking coffee. 

Well The transfer is almost over and I think I will be leaving Gardnerville soon. :( I am very grateful for this gospel and the experiences Ive had so far on my mission. I still have so much to learn!!! I am excited for what this week has to offer! Its crazy how many miracles happen every single day! But I hope you all have a great week! Love ya!

Sister Tupuola






You May Also Like

0 Comments