Happy 61st Birthday Dad!!

by - August 11, 2017




A man of little words but who loves unconditionally and will protect with all his might for those he cares for. My Dad turns 61 today. I never thought that I would be seeing this number any time soon but it's here and I got to make the best of it. Last year was the big 60 and I'm still trying to fathom it.
It's crazy to see this hardcore, hard working, workaholic, military man turn wiser with those gray hairs! lol Naw I'm just kidding, but truly it's amazing to witness my Dad at this stage being in his 60's. To me he will always be that 40 year old guy who feel in love with my Mom!
 But what I'm meaning to say is that I'm forever grateful to this amazing man. He sacrificed so much for me and my family. Till this day, I sometimes wonder why he even stayed? He never married my mom, we aren't his blood children, yet he's still here. I've asked my Dad why? Why be involve in our lives? And he would always say, I made a promise to Mom that I wouldn't leave you kids, even if she remarries, because I love and care for you kids as my own. Wow! What a genuine man! How can you argue or disagree with that!?! It always gets me every time that he express that to me or to my siblings. I believe my Dad when he say he Loves and Cares for me, my brother and sister. We weren't the easiest bunch of kids. Any kid would react the same way we did if your mom who is single brings a guy into the family picture. But it didn't took long for us to readjust. After years of knowing him and how he treated my Mom and us, we realized that this man really likes my Mom and wants to be there for us. Sometimes I would think that maybe his own kids would be upset by his interaction with us, well they were upset at first but eventually we kind of gotten along. No two families will be perfect but when you have both parents (my Mom and Stephen) come together in harmony, I would say it worked out pretty well. My Mom showed a lot of love and care for my Dad's kids like they were her own. And my Dad did the same thing to us. How can you not like him? Growing up I didn't call him Dad because I didn't felt comfortable and wasn't sure how to feel about it. But as I got a bit older, I realized the impact that he had in my life and how much I appreciate the love, support and affection he has shown unto me. I wanted to change that thought of him as my mom's boyfriend but to consider him as a true father figure who deserves to be called Dad. Now that I'm an adult and being married, I'm glad that I had that change of heart and gave him that respect that he truly deserves. Thank you Dad for everything that you have done for me. You've been there for me and my family through thick and thin. I love you very much and I pray that I'll make you proud as your daughter.

Love always,
Snow White aka JayLynn

You May Also Like

0 Comments