Monthly Post Cards

by - August 16, 2017

It's been quite some time that I've written to someone on paper. Everything is basically all electronic. Emailing, phone calls, video chat, payments through your mobile phone, online shopping and etc. So for me it started to become more foreign to write a note or a letter. But I manage to get back into the whole writing in script or just writing anything down on paper.

Now that my niece is on her mission, a thought came into my head to write to her. For a moment I thought that was stupid because majority of the family is emailing her so she can get it faster. But that thought just kept on bugging me to literally write to her. That thought came to me after I went to the Salt Lake Temple to do Initiatory. As I walked through Temple Square, heading towards City Creek, the thought came to me again. "Write to Nadira through post cards!". I was so confused at first but I thought to myself as I was walking, "Why do I need to write to her through post cards? I think she will be fine without my silly cards." I smiled and continued walking towards the mall and that's when I came to a halt from the stop lights. I looked up and saw Deseret Books on the left side of where I was standing. That's when that same thought came to me a third time imprinting into my mind and soul. "Go inside Deseret Books, there you will find what you are looking for." Again I was thinking to myself geez the Holy Spirit is really adamant about me writing to my niece. I crossed the street and went into Deseret Books. Nothing was gravitating to me so I just walk through the whole store, window shopping. I soon bought some garments and walked through the aisles where there are photos and books. Suddenly a book fell off the shelf and I was like what the heck?!? How did that book just fall all of a sudden right next to my feet, I wasn't scared just startled, I eventually picked up the book to put it back to where I assume it was supposed to be and thats when I saw a booklet of LDS Temples post cards. My mind was blank and quiet throughout the entire time I was in the store, than suddenly I felt peace and then a thought came to me. "Use this to write to Nadira, not your words but my words." And as that thought spoke to me, my mind was open to a visual image of me writing scripture verses on the post card with her name, mailing address and my name with my address. That's it! Nothing else on the card but what I just saw. I was completely amazed of what I saw and heard. At that moment I didn't resist or think anything else about what I envisioned. I just follow and listen to that prompting and bought the booklet of post cards. This is like a rare thing for me to experience on the daily. But it didn't bother me as much as it would for someone else. Crazy just to think about it. Now I had this experience happen to me just 2 days ago and I just finished writing the last scripture passage on the post card that I will be sending to her monthly. This is not going to stop me from writing to her through email. Oh no! I'm still going to do that, but I felt that the Lord wanted me to send unexpected spiritual message from scripture verses through the mail for Sister Tupuola. I don't know what the Lord knows about the future for my niece, but I do believe that those scripture passages will somehow help Nadira throughout her mission for the next 18 months.
Whatever it may be, I hope all will be well and I'm glad that I listened. 

To my niece Nadira, I hope that you are doing well in your new area. It may seem a bit interesting and strange. But this I do know is that you're important for whatever reason it may be. The Lord needs your experiences, your thoughts, your wisdom, your talents, your patience and your light in helping His children that are lost in some sort of way that maybe, just maybe you are the key to unlock the door to their soul or their heart that it may open a way for the Holy Spirit to inspire them to hear the message that was meant for them. Who knows what it could be. Just do your best to feel and hear the Holy Spirit inspire you to do what the Lord needs you to do. Be safe and enjoy your time getting to know your area and the people. They will be amongst your best friends. Talk to you soon.

Love ya.
Aunty Jay

You May Also Like

0 Comments